Absent Seizure questions

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

donnajane

New
Reaction score
Sorry as you may have read my almost 13month old son has several different types of events as well as having "Shudder Syndrome".
He has what his Nureo is causing epileptic events where he vagues out and goes either the side or forward.
Before they use to just happen when he was playing or pulling himself along the floor. He has also had one while standing and holding onto his walker and fell over.
Lately he has had "mini" ones while eating on most days. They are for no more than a second or two and he either goes forward or to the side. I have footage of him doing one inbetween one spoon of food before he has the next. His child care centre staff today also have noticed them.
My questions are.
His Nureo originally said he doubted he would have one while eating/being fed as it was a different "action" that seemed to trigger them yet now he is having them while eating is this "normal" with Absent seizures?
Also as they are so small do you feel there a risk of him choking as he is now having them while being fed? As he either goes to the side or forward I wasn't sure if in general he should be OK as the food would fall forward or to the side. He has around 2 or 3 a day that we notice of these mini ones while eating, sometimes more. (He also often has at least one longer absent event, still short though, around 5-10sec, each day while playing"
We have an appointment with his Nureologist on Friday as he is a bit concerned re the changes in his events again and ones to see him to make sure he isn't missing something.
Thanks
Donnajane

Back
Top Bottom