Acupuncture and seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
I was having problems with my neck and I had acupuncture. It helped a ton and I'll be going back a few more times to see how it is working. The acupuncturist said that there is a chance that it might help reduce my seizures. Has anyone ever heard of this happening or tried it?

There aren't a lot of studies connecting acupuncture and seizure control (in part because it's hard test with a control group or rule out placebo effect) but to the extent that you can reduce stress and pain that's gotta be a plus in terms of triggers. You sleep better for one! I've also heard of some folks using acupuncture to help with med side effects.

There’s some anecdotal success:

But most of the studies are inconclusive at best:

Back
Top Bottom