• No

Votes: 47 19.5%
  • Unchanged

Votes: 23 9.5%
  • Don't Know / N/A

Votes: 39 16.2%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

brain

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
This poll does not expose your answers at all.
You do not need to make any comments if you
do not desire to.

I came across an article in publication; the
effects of AED's and Sex Drive.

Does it effect you or not?

Okay....

I would have to say 'yes' to most of them due to the fact I'm more tired than I should be on them and more 'scatterbrained' all the time.

I'm just not my old one-track minded male self anymore. Now, it's more like there's many 'forks' in the 'one-track' and my wife has to make sure she gives me directions to the right train depot or the train will miss the stop.
:crying:

Welllllllllll ................... Could I answer that it effected my husband a great deal more than me?

I am divorced now, but sex was part of the reason. But then I lost some weight. Brain surgery. His loss. Well, I guess I got a better attitude. Got into the gym. And my sexual appetite went up. I was married 15 years. I am almost 43. But I do date somewhat younger then me. I think you have to really try to make things different. I think sex counseling is a good idea too_Our marriage was to far gone for that. But some, I think it could really work. Teresa

I don't know I don't go anywhere or do any thing, but I'd be more than willing to give the theory a TRY!! LOL

My attitude exactly. LOL You feel better about yourself even when you are going for walks. Even though it is so cold out there right now. Dancing is good for me. I don't care if its by myself. LOL I'm dancing!

I don't think the meds bother me too much, except when the dosage makes me too sleepy or lethargic.

I think the impact of the E on life in general is more significant. The added stress, mood swings, etc ...

I do understand that. They are changing or taking me off of topamax because of sleepiness. I see my epileptologist this Friday. I have some mood swings too. Music really helps me.

STILLDANCING-
The music and dancing really does help, I like lots of different music, but my favorite is country, so when I put that on it makes me feel good and I "get my boogie on", it helps give me some energy, and get things done around the house, and it also helps since there is no sex, LOL. KEEP DANCING!!

.....it also helps since there is no sex, LOL. KEEP DANCING!!

SEX?? What's that? I forgot how that
goes! (and to say I was married for 23+ years!)

Now Dancing & Music ..
:rock:

Let's Boogie Woogie Baby!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

This is an interesting poll. I hadn't really connected the two, but now that you ask, I guess it has. I have enough trouble getting through the day and am so tired at the end that I would have to say yes. I'm sure my husband would agree!

my sex drive is better on tegretol than it was on keppra... except i get really tired in the evening and am not in the mood... around 8pm im pretty much out of it.... my poor husband has chased me around the house a few times lol i want to sleep and hes all frisky!

love,
angel

Well here is a sure fire way to turn them off. I a had a first date .Last night. I was so nervous. just because he was from my home state of IL . He had just came over to pick me up and...bam! I fell on the floor. Grand Mal.Scared the you know what out of him.LOL I warned him before. I called him after. He call the hospital.They loaded me up on ativan.I still have the sex drive. But I think it killed it for him.LOL Help me!!!

LOL....that happened to me too when I was dating my now husband. :)

As for my libido and meds......I don't think it's effected my libido, but then, I've been taking meds since I started going through puberty, so it's hard to say what would be normal for me. My hubby would say that yes, it has.....but then he admits that he has a high sex drive. Still, he says I kick him in the ahem on an almost nightly basis.....and I keep telling him that he needs to quit trying to wake me up in the middle of the night...

Wow, I am glad I am not alone. I have been on Keppra since January 2008 and have noticed a drop in the sex drive:agree: I too am tired by the end of the evening and sex is not on my mind. When I was on the Dilantin my sex drive was not low. I am also going thru menopause and I noticed a decrease in desire but nothing compared to when I started Keppra. I feel bad for my husband because it is not him that is the problem. This will make an interesting discussion for us tonight!!!

This will make an interesting discussion for us tonight!!!

You hit the point right there. Talk about it and in the long run it may help both of you.

Hopefully, the lethargic feeling you are having will settle down in a few more months. I am glad you are not having anger issues with the keppra as that can really hurt a relationship, not just the drive.

I am so glad I found this forum. I was beginning to feel like I was alone. We will have a talk about it. My husband has been so supportive of me. This is a second marriage for us (12 years as of last September) and we had issues with blending families and all. Thank God I didn't have any real problems with the epilepsy till about 5 years ago. I wish we would have changed meds then and I would be past all this. I thank you for your support and encouragement. I have only been a member a day now but feel like this is a family for me.

I am glad to hear you are so comfortable Sandee.

Bernard and Stacy built a beautiful house here and invited us all in for a dinner party.

Many of us have just stayed and turned it into a home.

:clap: Thanks to our host and hostess. :clap:

What a beautiful statement. It is like a house and many thanks to our host and hostess. I am really enjoying my new home and family!!

Back
Top Bottom