• No

Votes: 47 19.5%
  • Unchanged

Votes: 23 9.5%
  • Don't Know / N/A

Votes: 39 16.2%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Janus,

How much do you take per day? 15mg? 30mg? I thought I heard you shouldn't take too much zinc.

Dignan. Sorry I've been gone for a while. I saw the dangers of taking minerals. But when it comes to taking lots of meds. I worry as so many meds flush out and/or disturbing metabolization there of. I take 50 mg. Once in a while. When needed it has a very strong effect. But then the dangers of taking zinc come from repeated use over time. I take it when needed. I may take 2 a week. I tend to feel more energized and. Libido drive that is bothersome. I find that the quality vitamins make a big difference

Have you (or anyone else) heard if zinc can be problematic as far as increasing seizures? I thought I'd read that it might be a problem for those with E, but recently I've read that it can help reduce seizures too, so I'm not sure what to think.

It would be nice to think that something that could help libido and immune function might also help prevent seizures as well.

Hi. I heard that it's helpful for some. I am not a doctor or consultant. I can only share my experience.

Hi Dignan,
I've been taking zinc every day for yrs. and it has never triggered seizures for me. Wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

I'm so glad for this post. Lamictal had decreased my desire although it is still there to a degree, and killed all feeling at the umm end. It was part of the reason my relationship of 7 years broke down. I feel like a huge part of myself has gone as I was always a very highly sexed person. I'm 32 and don't even feel like I could try dating again because of this. Its causing me a lot of depression.

.... I'm 32 and don't even feel like I could try dating again because of this. Its causing me a lot of depression.

Would you like to go out on a date with me?[emoji848][emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dating is just awful in general let alone with epilepsy and a mental illness. I haven't been on a date in ... 6 years? and I'm about to turn 33. I'm starting to feel like dating again though... but I guess I should finish finding a job first.

Dating is just awful in general let alone with epilepsy and a mental illness. I haven't been on a date in ... 6 years? and I'm about to turn 33. I'm starting to feel like dating again though... but I guess I should finish finding a job first.

I just read your bio and saw you’re interested in HAM radio. I think that’s cool. That’s all.🤟🤟

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom