Alaska Temperatures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Porkette

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Here's wishing all of you a Happy New Year! I sure hope it's warmer where you live than it has been here in NY, for almost 2 wks. now the temperatures have only been in the single digits and starting Thursday- Saturday we are under a winter wind chill watch with temps. 25-30 below 0.

Since I live in a double wide home I've been letting the cold water drip they are warning everyone that their water pipes could freeze up any time now.

I hope it's a lot warmer for the rest of you. I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Hey Sue

I’m from Australia so it’s middle of Summer here lol but my friend in America keeps telling me it’s really cold over there. She lives in Chicago and she said it’s been really cold below 0, she was telling me how common it is to get frostbite and how many layers she has to wear.

Our winters are mild compared to you guys, we have snow but just not where I live so I can’t imagine what you guys go through.
We just have the hot summers which are yuck lol, supposed to get to 40c on the weekend.

We're used to cold temperatures, but this recent cold snap is unusual here in the Boston area (last time it happened was about 100 years ago). It's actually going to be "warm" for the day or two (in the 20s), but that's because we have a giant blizzardy snowstorm coming in that's going to drop a foot of snow on us.... Time to hit the stores for soup and snow shovels...

It has been crazy....... here in the Rockies we haven't had the usual snow. Our ski resorts are suffering big time..... it's even colder in Florida and snowing! It is going to be close to 55 degrees here in Denver today.......and NO SNOW in the forecast. Unusual for the Rockies!

Hi CQ,

I sure would love to come over to Australia sometime for a vacation I have heard it's beautiful over your way. I sure wish we had the warmer winters like you do and I love the hot summers. Thanks for dropping me a line and I wish you the best. May God Bless You!

Sue

Hi Nakamova,

I was just checking out the weather in Boston and I see you are under flood warning for waves 2.5-3 ft. high on the coast and up to 15 inches of snow with 60 mph winds. Make sure you load up on extra water in case you lose power. Just like you I hit the store and got the groceries and everything we need for the storm and cold weather. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Hi Cint,

Send some of that warmer weather you have over to the east coast we sure could use it here. I can't remember the last day we had temperatures above 30 degrees it's
been so cold here in NY. You take are and I wish you the best. May God Bless You!

Sue

Hi CQ,

I sure would love to come over to Australia sometime for a vacation I have heard it's beautiful over your way. I sure wish we had the warmer winters like you do and I love the hot summers. Thanks for dropping me a line and I wish you the best. May God Bless You!

Sue
I dont mind the winter but my favorite is Autumn, perfect days not too hot or cold.

It can get cold here but what I call cold you would call warm :roflmao:, I live about an hour drive from the snowy mountains but it doesn't snow in my town. My friend from Chicago laughed yesterday when I told her I dont even own a heavy jacket, I actually hate jackets. Only jackets I have are work ones. Otherwise all I wear in winter is longsleeve tops and either a jumper (sweater), hoodie or a zipdown jacket which I guess you guys would still call a sweater lmao.

It can get cold enough for us to wear scarves, gloves and beanies but not me as I dont like any of that. I just put up with the cold and if its a real cold day i wear a thicker sweater or hoodie lmao.

Last edited:
That extra stretch of 60 degree temperatures messed up the season. These cold temperatures in New York I am used to. But the pattern is the problem.

The only solace I have is that Florida is also getting them. lol They can't hide under those palm trees.

Hi Folks,

Today (Thurs.) it's -17 with the wind chill but Friday-Saturday it's supposed to be -25 here so I have a feeling there won't be any school on Friday (YIPPEE!) Here's wishing all of you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Hi Folks,

Today (Thurs.) it's so cold that the pipes froze up at the school in the restrooms on the first floor and the smell wasn't the best. It's 17 below this afternoon with the wind chill and we got about 4-5 inches of snow today with more on the way. Even if they keep school open tomorrow there's no way I'm going to school at 30 below. Here's wishing you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Yeah, we're looking at least a foot of snow here. I went out a few times to shovel around the doors in my building, but I'm staying inside now. We've got super gusty winds, so I'm hoping that the power lines don't get damaged. Hope everyone is warm and toasty and safe.

Hi Nakamova,

How's the weather up your way today (Friday) I saw on the news last night where high tides were hitting homes and the streets were flooded. I sure hope that isn't effecting you.
I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Last edited:
Thank you for asking! The flooding was expected in some coastal areas but many communities were caught off guard. Between the flooding and the ice and the brutal wind, it's daunting if you have to get anywhere quickly and safely. My area is okay, though, and we didn't lose power. I'm staying put, though I may walk to the corner store later today to get the newspaper...

I hope you are managing to stay warm and safe.

Hi Nakmova,

I'm glad to hear that you didn't lose power. Today (Sat.) we are supposed to get 3 inches of snow and it's -30 with the windchill. I'm happy to see starting this week it's going to be in the 30's and 40's for a change. Keep warm and I wish you only the best. May God Bless You!

Sue

Yes, I can't wait until it "warms up" on Monday... I still have power, but my building is too drafty to maintain heat in this windy cold weather. My thermostat is set at 70, but the actual temperature in my unit is 58 degrees. Brrrrr!

I took a nap out on my patio wearing sweater T-Shirt and jeans. Phoenix Arizona is nice this time of year.

My father told me the same thing the other day.(He and Mom are in Florence)
I told him I'd remind him of that come June when it's in the 60's-70's here.

Today was a heatwave in NY it got up to 35 degrees and I love it. I hope it has warmed up for the rest of you.

Topcat,

Send some of that heat our way will you we sure could use it.

Wishing all of you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Back
Top Bottom