Andrews/Reiter Epilespy Research Program

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hi Dr. Andrews, welcome to the forum. :hello:

I actually gave your site a plug over two years ago in this thread. It's also listed in the resources page.

I hope you are able to visit the forums every once in a while and participate. :)

Dear Bernard:
Thank you for inviting me to join. I look forward to being of some help. Please call me if you have time. Maybe we should talk. I am away until the 15th of August but you can always reach me by email.
Sincerely
Donna

Hi Dr. Andrews,

Glad to have you here!
:star:

Dear Donna,

Welcome to the forum! You are one of my heroes! It is due to the book that your partner Joel Reiter wrote that enabled me to rescue myself. I have LOTS to talk to you about.

Hi Dr Andrews will be reading your website. Looking forward to chatting with you, I chose homeopathy after I ran out of meds. Been doing pretty good on it .

Welcome to the board

Riva

Here's a nice write-up/testimonial for Dr. Andrews from a happy patient: Joshua Kors

It does sound interesting to some types and
degrees; to a point. But I do have some questions,
to which I sent you a PM about it.

Donna mentioned to me on the phone shortly after registering on the forum that she was going to be away for a couple of weeks on a trip. Don't fret if she doesn't respond to your PM right away.

Thanks Bernard, she did respond!

:)

But I keep reading their website and
California is so far away, it would take
me MONTHS by bicycle to ride all the
way over there!

:(

Dear Bernard and all the members:
I am back from my trip and I tried to answer all of the questions that were directed at me. I am still learning my way around this site, still feel a little clumsy, but am making progress.
I wanted to comment on the notion that our body stores information concerning emotional trauma...this is true. If we take appropriate action regarding trauma often it reduces the negative impact of the event(s). If we ignore or suspress the trauma it often takes the form of an unconscious drive. These unconscious drives can then play havoc in our lives, by triggering seizures and making us act-out in unbecoming ways that reduce our credibility as mature people. Appropriate action with regard to trauma varies from case to case, therefore I will refrain from giving information or advice on that.
I hope to speak with more of you as time permits and I will answer your emails to me in a timely fashion.
Sincerely,
Dr. Donna J Andrews

Dr. Andrews,

Just a note, we really appreciate you
being here and for your time too!

:)

I have left an email at the website, and I have sent a PM directly to Dr Andrews...
No response.
Perhaps it is due to the fact that I need to read the book first.
Okay... another Amazon purchase
I am going to be in SF in Nov. and would like to go visit the Center.

Hi Robin,
Just give her time to get back to you. The book is very insightful and there's some sections that should really catch your attention, like the chapter on developing strategies for stopping seizures and those on how Dr. Andrews and Dr. Reiter view seizure disorders.
There are sections discussing pesticides, nutrition and more that you will find relevant to Rebecca's situation.

Thank you for your response Zoe.
I ordered the book, along with one that Bernard or Brain suggested.

Hi Robin,
Do take time to mull these things over. Some of what we learn about seizures, when measured against "conventional" doctrine, can challenge us to make a pardigm shift.

Back
Top Bottom