Angry

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Wagster

New
Reaction score
I had a seizure yesterday in twn, but by the time the ambulance reached us, i was more or less out of it.

They took me to the hospital anyways, but cos i don't talk much after a seizure, i wasn't answering any questions.

They actually threw me out the dept and so i sat on the floor crying cos i was in a strange place i didn't know.

The security turned up and booted me to try and get me to move.

There was a struggle and he called his mate for backup.

This is where it gets nasty.

The other guard picked me up in a headlock by ny neck and put me into a wheelchair, but he still didn't let go.

His grip was so fucking tight, i couldn't even open my mouth to say i couldn't breathe.

I could see my life flash before my eyes, and then suddenky i wet myself which i know happens before you go unconcious (i'm a st john ambulance worker).

Still he wouldn't let go and i'm panic sticken by this time, so i let myself go limp in the hope he would let go.

I heard his mate mentioning something about me going blue, then he let go.

Then they chucked me out onto the street, but i wanted to be checked out by a doctor after what this monster had just done to me.

(I'm starting to get upset now, so i'll carry on the story later on)

That's awful! I hope you are feeling better and are able to get some satisfaction from the hospital.

Why was there a struggle with security? You refused to move when they asked?

Yeah.
I wanted time to decide what to do as i was in a strange town miles from my home.

Oh (((wagster))) I'm sorry that happened to you. I find it terrible, horrifying and disgusting that things like that happen in a hospital to someone having or recovering from a seizure.

Myabe you should wear an epilepsy bracelet - a medic alert - or something like it in the future?

Back
Top Bottom