Another Young Life Taken By E

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

tinasmom

New
Reaction score
This was posted on my FB last night:

Please PRAY for the HUFFINES family I do not know them personally but one of my friends let me know that their 11 year old Daughter had a massive SEIZURE last night and she passed away this afternoon. God and the heavens have another ANGEL AMONGST them. MAY GOD BLESS HER FAMILY at this most difficult of times and may that SWEET SWEET Child rest in eternal peace now and forever more free from SEIZURES but at a cost so very dear to so many.

So sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with the family.

My condolences go to this family and all families who've lost a loved one to SUDEP.

Just last week at my local Starbucks I met another mother who lost her 17 year old daughter to SUDEP back in 2009. Now they have started a foundation on her behalf to help raise money for seizure response dogs. A worthy cause I plan to support.

http://www.chelseahutchisonfoundation.org/?q=goals

another young life taken by E

I am sorry to hear about this loss. My prayers are with her family.

this would be horrible at any age , but at 11 , so young and so awful , my thoughts are with the family

Anytime a parent out lives their child is a horribly terrible experience. I am so so very sorry and I will send out positive vibes for this young girl in hopes that she is at peace. If it's not too personal I'm curious was it the seizure that caused the fatality or was it a secondary cause ie head injury, breathing ect... ? Just curious. :e:

This is terrible news. A friend I met online had her 19 month old son die from seizures a few weeks ago. his name was Joseph Knight. You may have seen the post around facebook if you belong to any of the seizure/epilepsy groups.

This is a very tragic situation, but also increases frustration towards the uniformed. Those who have little knowledge about Epilepsy have no clue WHAT we go thorough or what the ultimate consequence could be. Lord forbid that anyone who suffers from epilepsy ends eith a fatality but there is always that chance, no matter how small. Very few people realize that, and sometimes I wish there was more education about it

I am so sorry to hear this, I have a son with clonic/tonic seizures and the idea of losing him is something I can't imagine, my heart goes out to them and others in that situation.

I can't imagine what the family must be going through. No words I could possibly say would express how sorry I am to them.

Back
Top Bottom