Anti depressants and or ADHD drugs

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Has anybody had to put their child on any mood stabilizing drugs along with their epilepsy drugs? My son takes Keppra and it controls him 100% except when we get to the point where we have to increase it, but once we do he is controlled again. I am extremely hesitant to switch meds because it works. He has horrible clonic/tonic seizures and could not function without this drug. He has always been volatile but now he is sad, and or angry, and it comes in waves. I don't know what to do, add drugs or switch from Keppra. Any advice would be great.

So does the Keppra seem the most likely cause of your son's moodiness? It would be a shame to have to put him on anti-depressants just because of the Keppra. Have you tried having him take a B6 supplement to see if it helps? It has helped others with "Kepprage". (Check with the doc first of course).

Another possibility if you can swing it is neurofeedback. It's known to help with ADHD symptoms in addition to seizures. The tricky part is finding a practitioner and paying for it...

Back
Top Bottom