Antidepressant?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

finalpoet

Stalwart
Reaction score
I looked online and I can't seem to find the answer. I'm certain my neurologist at some time said one of these were an antidepressant, but which one? Is Keppra, Lamictal, Vimpat, Trileptal, or Topamax an antidepressant?

Hi finalpoet,

I've been on all of these meds and my Epileptologist told me they were all seizure meds. Keppra gave me a hot temper, Lamicital and Trileptal are similar and Topamax caused more seizure for me. I have been taking vimpat for a few yrs. and this drug has reduced my absence and most of my complex partial seizures along with taking apple cider vinegar with mother each day. An antidepressant would only reverse what a seizure med does and I was told never to take them or it could lead to seizures for me. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Lamictal is used for bipolar disorder, maybe that's what your neuro mentioned.

Lamictal is used for bipolar disorder, maybe that's what your neuro mentioned.

I on lamitcal to my knowledge I not bipolar so how do that tally with mental health..WHEN FIRST WENT ON lam it felt like my brain been swept clean which is not case now.INSTAD OF WORKING on 4 cylinders I lucky if got one working,what passed as my brain may aswell be the bird seed I looking at..THE door is open but lights have fused

Well, I try avoiding taking antidepressants as they are pretty addictive and I know several people who found it to be difficult to get off such pills. But if you feel that nothing else works for you and you don't feel relief, maybe you really need to take such a medication, but I think, it is better to consult a doctor first. Also I would check the information about the pills you are going to take. It is easy to do online. Personally I use this Online pharmacy website to read the description of the meds. Anyway, I wish you good luck!

Back
Top Bottom