Any practicing attorneys here?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

mporter

New
Reaction score
Are there any practicing attorneys on the forum? I am one and I just wondered if anyone else out there is and would like to compare notes on memory, cognitive, attention issues, if any.

I can't remember how many attorneys (if any) populate CWE. I edited the thread title so people could see your question at a glance and chime in.

No, I'm not an attorney, but I've considered it in the past, and I would be interested to hear your story. What type of attorney you are and specifically what type of hindrance you found your condition or meds to be in your work.

Hi, I've done a variety of things over the last 30 years of being a licensed attorney but for the last 13 years I've worked for a financial institution. Since my seizures started up again a few years ago, I've noticed memory issues, attention span shortening, language problems -- significant problems in all jobs that require a lot of reading and writing and speaking. I plan to practice for at least 10-15 more years so I'm working hard to get around these issues, but with the fatigue and sleepiness caused by meds, it is frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom