anyone else take offense to the word, 'fit?'

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I used those words, and other people use those words, because they don't actually know the terms for them. I used them until I learned the actual terms for them.

Try asking a random person on the street what a "Tonic-Clonic" is. You'll probably get a strange look and/or get ignored.

No, I don't expect people to know what "tonic clonic" is, but everyone knows the word "seizure". I don't know why they call them fits when they know it's a seizure. It's so annoying.

I guess, to each their own.

I'd completely not taken into account how global this forum is. Obviously, Epilepsy is so prevalent. But yea, at least in my mid-western US-neck of the woods, a 'fit' is something a little kid throws when they don't get their way. So yea, some know what I'm talking about, some don't. I guess alot depends on where you are, when you are and who you know.

Not like I'm going crazy over the usage of the term, more of a pet-peeve then anything and wondered if it was shared.

I work in a doctors surgery and they still use the word fit on the computer systems!

Back
Top Bottom