Anyone else's teeth chattering?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Plasticmask

I don't have a "deaf accent"? Hm, hadn't noticed.
Reaction score
I dunno if it's related to my AEDs or the other poisons I have to take... but I thought I might ask, if nobody minds.
And yes, I am meaning 'chattering' as though you are cold but the temperature is perfectly acceptable in your home.
It's usually at bedtime, when I'm trying to doze off, but sometimes it's part of a post ictal issue. Thanks in advance.

I'm on SEVERAL AEDs to keep my episodes down but I also have to take anti-bacterials and things for -um, my digestion, not to be crude. So, maybe it's a combination of all of them for all that I know, or maybe it's just psychological. However I thought it worth bringing up, just to see. Thanks for the response!

I haven't had chattering, but my right hand sometimes wants to shake. My seizures affect that hand. I am 100% sure its NOT a seizure, because it doesn't feel anything like that. It's just muscles. It looks like how some people shake when they get old. It feels like the balance between two sets of muscles is "off". You have two sets of muscles that oppose one another everywhere, so that you can hold your body in position, and also so that you don't hyper-extend your joints. It usually happens when I'm holding my hand with a bit of tension (like when you are at the computer keyboard and not typing, or holding the tv remote). It starts shaking on it's own, very noticeably, and it's hard to stop right away. It takes a bit of concentration to make it stop. I told my epileptologist, but they pretty much ignored me. It doesn't happen often, and it's not a problem, but I'm worried that eventually it will get worse. I figure the "control" mechanisms for that hand are a little bit damaged because it shakes when I have seizures. The seizure "shake" is different, and I don't even know I'm doing it when I have a seizure, but it probably involves the same muscles.

I was just at my GP this afternoon earlier, and he did the same thing about my issue; basically shrugged his shoulders and changed the subject. So in that regard, I know the feeling I think. It started -oh, I don't know, a few months ago, I just didn't want to tell anyone on the Forum due to what my neuro team threatened. But I figure, I'm older than three of them, and one treats me like an idiot because he thinks deaf people are stupid, even though I am LATE deafened and he knows it... and so I can do what I bloody want, and besides that: EVERYONE here is EXTREMELY nice and nothing like any other Forum I'd ever been signed up to. So, thought I'd ask. Thanks for responding. Who knows, we may have similar issues with our meds, just yours in in your hand and mine is in my mouth (when I haven't shoved my foot in it). Thanks again!

No, I don't do that. I ask my Docs, the ones who Rx me and draw my blood too. I figure that if they don't care, I don't care. It's just annoying.
It's not like I drive or anything like that. I'll never be behind the wheel of a car again, for the rest of my bitter life. LOL

Back
Top Bottom