Anyone Every Try Keto Pills?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Porkette

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

For those of you that have ever been on vimpat you may know how it can put the weight on you and that is what has happened
to me. I have been looking into trying over the counter keto pills and I was wondering if any of you have ever tried them. I want
to get rid of the extra weight before the holidays come. I'm finding it's a lot harder to get rid of the weight because I'm also older
(61) now so my metabolizim isn't as fast as it used to be.
Thanks for your time and help and I wish all of you only the best. May God Bless You,

Sue

I've never tried keto pills. I've seen them around, but I'm not sure if it would make up for what a keto diet does for the body. The rule I have for any supplement I choose is quality. You definitely don't want one with a bunch of artificial stuff like synthetic dyes, artificial sweeteners, heavy metals, and potential allergens. Some keto pills include caffeine. For myself, I've been using thyroid care supplements and those seem to be helping me out with weight loss, but that's also paired with light to moderate exercise.

I hope you're able to find more information about it soon.

Hi XxBlaqkxX,

When I was on the keto diet I lost 70 lbs. in 4 months and my Dr. told me to stop the diet. I have been keeping my
eye on everything in the keto pills and I won't use anything with artifical sugar, metals, or caffeine because I know that will
trigger seizures for me. I think I'm going to call a Dietician and get her advice as to what would be the best for me.
Thanks for your help and time and May God Bless You,

Sue

Hi XxBlaqkxX,

When I was on the keto diet I lost 70 lbs. in 4 months and my Dr. told me to stop the diet. I have been keeping my
eye on everything in the keto pills and I won't use anything with artifical sugar, metals, or caffeine because I know that will
trigger seizures for me. I think I'm going to call a Dietician and get her advice as to what would be the best for me.
Thanks for your help and time and May God Bless You,

Sue
I hope you find the answers you're looking for!

Keto does have a lot of rapid weight loss attached to it. One reason I used to have a hard time with it, but now I can't seem to the lose the weight. A rough spot to navigate for sure...

Do you get any regular aerobic exercise? My mother joined a nearby gym that had water aerobics classes in an indoor pool (shallow end) and really enjoyed it until the instructor left and they stopped offering the class. Then she found a similar class at the local YMCA (at a much cheaper price). If water aerobics isn't feasible because of seizure risk, you can probably find something else like spin classes (stationary bikes), treadmills, stair step or the like. The point is just to get the body moving for 15 minutes or so, elevate the heart rate a little and burn some calories.

Hi Bernard,

When I was still working in public school I could go to the gym and work out for free. I would spend a lot of time on the
treadmill each day. Since I hurt my back a few yrs. ago I can't do aerobics without it hurting my lower back. What I do like
to do is swim and I have gone and into the pool and done a lot of swimming at the gym nearby that has helped me out.
Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it. It looks like I will be getting a little exercise next week because we are supposed
to get some snow show shoveling the driveway will burn a few calories.
Here's wishing you only the best and May God Bless You,

Sue

Back
Top Bottom