Anyone have a pet that stays with you during a seizure?

Which pet do you like better?

• Cat

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Dog

Votes: 32 64.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

When I had my tonic clonic a week or so ago, my sister and her family was over with their golden retriever, my own dog was here too, and I was told, by my niece and nephew many, many times since then, that when it started both of the dogs came running to my side whining and barking that made my sister and her husband come check on them to find the dogs standing next to me almost "protecting" me while having it until I fell to the floor and they wouldn't let them come near me until it was over!

Its amazing the wonderful dedication animals have to those they love.

My cat may not be useful to sense impending seizures, but she does have lovely personality.. has never lashed out at anyone, very tolerant to noisy kids of mine. However she does know if my girl is happy or not as she will avoid her if not a happy girl.

Back
Top Bottom