Arctic Blast

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Well its' Wednesday evening and it's 25 below with the wind chill here and people have been told to keep their cabinet doors open and let the cold water drip so water pipes won't freeze up or break. On top of that areas around me are getting 2-4 ft. of snow. I can't wait until the weekend it's supposed to get into the 40's with rain. I will take that weather anytime over this artic blast. Keep warm everyone. I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Similar weather here, without the snow. Stay warm Sue!

fnNUy5d.jpg

Hi. I'm right in the middle of this cold--I live near Chicago. I have lived in places colder than this, though. I lived in Superior, Wisconsin--next to Duluth Minnesota, & in Brookings, north of Sioux Falls, SD. My dad worked at UW Superior, in SD he was working at South Dakota State University.

Hi Folks,
They shut down many of the roads and people have been told to stay home it's so bitter cold here today. It's sad to say that 10 deaths have been reported as of Wed. evening do to this artic blast. I've been making cookies and doing a lot of baking today since schools were shut down. I hope all of you are well and I wish only the best for all of you. May God Bless each and everyone of You!

Sue

Hi malfeasant67,

Things are much better today it's 0 degrees outside but it's like a heatwave compared to what the weather has been like, the roads are open and thank goodness no more people have passed away do to this bitter cold weather. The only bad thing that has happened now is the high school parking lot and road have flooded do to ice jams starting to melt in a creek near the school Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

It is better today. For a couple more days the temps will be well above freezing. The bad part is Tuesday its going to get cold again--normal, not too cold--and whatever melts will become sheets of ice.

Old man winter is coming back, Monday- Tuesday a bad winter storm is headed our way and going up the east coast. I'm supposed to get up to 6 inches of snow or more along with sleet and freezing rain. Here's wishing all of you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

70's and wet here, i actually want some yarn to knit, but i have a sewing progects to catch up on

We got some more snow yesterday, & this evening we're expecting an icy rain-snow mix.

The snow, ice, and strong winds are headed here for Tues.- Wed. with up to 11 inches of snow in some areas along with power outages. I can't wait until winter is over. Wishing all of you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

I'm about to go away for a week. I'm leaving chilly Boston...and heading to where the Arctic Blast comes from! Tomorrow I'll be in Winnipeg, Canada (currently about 5 degrees F), and from there I'll go spend a few days in Churchill, Canada (currently minus 11 degrees F, but feels like minus 36 with windchill).

No, I'm not crazy -- my 85 year old mother is! She signed up for a trip to take pictures of the Northern Lights, and then realized that she might need some help (she has two bad hips, one bad hand, limited stamina, and not a whole of familiarity with her camera). So, I'm the lucky kid who gets to go with her. Here's hoping we both survive the cold and bring back some beautiful memories & photos.

OMG Nakamova, that sounds great! If only it were about 4 months ahead! I live in Ontario and next week isn't supposed to be too bad. Fingers crossed for you! I would love to see some pictures when you get back!

Nakamova,

You and your mom have fun and enjoy those Northern lights. It's to bad you weren't going to Alaska that's where they are really pretty. Have fun and enjoy yourself.
Wishing you and your mom only the best and May God Bless the Both of You!

Sue

Back now from the frozen north! I'll post some pix once I thaw. :)

Hi Nakamova,

Welcome Home! I hope you had a good visit and all went well. I'm getting ready for some strong winds to hit here Sunday through Monday. 30-40 mph winds with gusts up to 60 mph if not stronger. They already have a high wind watch out for NY and I sure hope it doesn't head up your way. Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

We're bracing for the same thing here. I'm really not looking forward to it
I can handle thunderstorms and everything else. But wind makes me a little nervous.

Chicago truly will be "the windy city" tomorrow. They're expecting the wind to gust to over 50mph at times. Next week it will feel more like mid January than the end of February.

Back
Top Bottom