Are you sensitive to medication and trying CBD Oil?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

KathyJJ

Stalwart
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I live alone and have epilepsy which causes falls. I have not been able to take seizure medications because I am sensitive to medications and the side effects were worse than my seizures. Because of this, my doctors took me off of medications years ago and dismissed me. I was reading about the CBD oil from the Healthy Hemp Oil web site and I am considering taking it in very low doses. I had tried some from the Live to be well web site but it made my seizures worse. I was interested to see if this would do the same or if it might help me. But, is there anyone out there that is sensitive to medications but is able to use this? If so, what is your experience with it? Your help will be appreciated.

Last edited:
The hemp oil without cannabinol(the bit that takes pain away helps sz stops nausea makes you feel well)that part of chemical illegal in uk and many parts of America.the bog ordinary oil without the cannabis bit do nothing for me apart from soft hands...
Your dr may prescribe the full cannabis it fat soulable not sure how it comes.Cancer patients can get it if proved they feel like shit.Some doctors are licensed in uk and I believe pertains to America.Canada I don’t understand you arrested if take in to country yet Canada sells this proper oil along with things like tramadol etc to rest of world.
heavens only can work out drug laws.where ever in world you live

Hi KathyJJ,

Just like you I would break out with a rash from Lamictal, Tegretol, and Trilepal,. Neurontin caused absence status seizures and then I found out I was drug resistant to all seizure meds out on the market now, it was then that my Epileptologist told me to try the cbd oil and it has worked great cutting my seizures back at least 50 %. I've been using it for at least 3 or 4 yrs. When I first started it that cbd would make me tired but then my body got used to it. I use 5 mg. a day of the mouth spray in peppermint flavor and I don't need a prescription or a medical marijuana card for it. I also use coconut oil on my skin every day this helps build up ketones in my body. You may want to give it a try. I just put it on my legs and feet each morning. Before you start the cbd oil check with your pharmacist to make sure it won't interact with any meds you are taking. I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Right now I'm undecided about what to do. Part of me would like to try it but then again, the other part of me thinks the way I react to medications and the fact that I live alone, it may not be a good idea to try it but I do appreciate the information both of you have provided.

Hi KathyJJ,

You can e-mail or call the healthyhemp.com group if you want to and they can tell you
if it would be okay for you to use if you are sensitive to meds. They have been really good with me but before I would call them you may want to speak with your pharmacist they know much more about meds and how they interact with each other. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Back
Top Bottom