Aura smells

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pita300

New
Reaction score
Hi

I know this is a topic that has been beat to death here but. Last night on my drive home I smelled bacon all the way home. I don't work in a resturant. I was on the highway heading home. I smelled most of the way home. I know most people complain of burning rotting gross stuff. What do you think.

Hmmmm....now I want bacon.

I smell smoke, specifically cigarette smoke.

Last friday night I was particularly hypersensitive to the smell of raw meat/fish etc. It made me feel really sick. An hour later I had a simple partial.

I have been smelling a phantom fuel/oil smell that no one else smells for over a year or so. Over the last few months it has also been something burning, like wires or electrical.

I am hypersensitive to some odors..some are rotten smelling, so who wouldnt be sensitive to them right? and then there are things like fruity pretty smelling that i cant stand either.

i am an ex-smoker, over a year now. my husband still smokes and until recently it never bothered me for him to smoke in the house..i rather enjoyed it...lol and it wasnt bad to be around smokers, now i can't handle it at all. he no longer smokes around me or in the house.
recently tho..in the last week, i have been smelling phantom cigarette smoke. again only ii smell it. i even vaguely remember "yelling" over to my daughter to put out her cigarette. thing is..none of our kids smoke, she said if it wasnt comical, she would have been offended. lol

[i am an ex-smoker, over a year now. my husband still smokes and until recently it never bothered me for him to smoke in the house..i rather enjoyed it...lol and it wasnt bad to be around smokers, now i can't handle it at all. he no longer smokes around me or in the house.

Welcome to the reformed smokers club! Congratulations on going a year! 10 Years for me. It gets easier with every year it does still haunt me to this day. My wife still smokes. She has been baned to the garage durring the winter and outside when it gets warmer lol. I do smell cigarette smoke from time to time I just figured it was on my wifes clothes. Once again congrats and just remember the average craving for a cigarette only lasts about 3 and half minutes. I just thought the bacon smell was odd being in the car on the highway at night after a busy stressful day at work

Welcome to the reformed smokers club! Congratulations on going a year! 10 Years for me. It gets easier with every year it does still haunt me to this day. My wife still smokes. She has been baned to the garage durring the winter and outside when it gets warmer lol. I do smell cigarette smoke from time to time I just figured it was on my wifes clothes. Once again congrats and just remember the average craving for a cigarette only lasts about 3 and half minutes. I just thought the bacon smell was odd being in the car on the highway at night after a busy stressful day at work

Thanks! i do miss it sometimes and really had no intentions of quitting, but pneumonia gave me no choice. and now i have no desire. whew! :)

the phantom cigarette smell i get is different than the dirty ashtray smell..lolol and yes i agree that smelling bacon in the car on the highway is a bit odd. but then again, me running thru the house trying to find the burning wires that only i smell is a bit odd. :)

A stale, salty garlic smell. You know kind of like when you've been cooking with it and can't get the smell off your hands? It's not exactly like that but that's the closest I can get to describing it!

I had a phenomenon of smells last night- but I had the stove on and had gotten some oil on the burner from cooking some chicken a couple nights prior...
and it smelled like burned popcorn which made me recall an incident at work that seemed strange regarding burned popcorn, and then it smelled a bit like fetid water
these events made me cautious and alert as a possible aura type event, but it wasn't anything (that I know of - or if something happened later)

but over several weeks there has been a persistent smell like a burning turd-bag on someone's doorstep...
... but then I realized it was just the GOP presidential primaries.

Wow! I thought I was the only one who smelled bacon! I can't tell you how many mornings I woke to the STRONG smell of bacon, sure that me husband was cooking up a yummy breakfast, only to be disappointed! Most of my simple partials are food odors, and mostly bacon. I've also smelled fire on occasion. Nothing like waking up to the strong smell of a house fire in the middle of the night. LOL I bolt right out of bed and yell, "Fire!" I wake hubby and insist there's a fire. He looks in vain for the source of the "smoke" while I check on the kids. Seizure passes, "smoke" is gone, "Ah ha" moment hits, we go back to bed. : )

I don't know if this is an aura or not... I've never really known but I get this sudden metallicy/moldy/tin smell up my noise and it's so nasty. It can happen anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom