Auras in kids

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Anyone else who has kids how do you know if your child is experiencing an aura or not? I'm not sure I even 100% understand what it is. Our dr wants me to start asking her more questions now that she is four and can explain what she feels more accurately. Any ideas on what to ask? Or how to get info out of a four year old. Idk if it matters but she has complex partials.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

you may be able to notice her getting pale, sweaty, her eyes dilate, the outer symptoms of what it looks like.

You could ask her if her tummy feels funny, if she feels sick or dizzy. Afterwards she may be tired.

For some of us who have complex partials, we have a variety of symptoms. search through the forum using that tag, and see how others describe it. then you will be able to know what it's like, and what to say to her when it happens by using a language that she understands.

im so sorry that you have to go through this - your little baby girl looks like an angel, so sweet! Good that you are getting her on medical care too - i had to live with seizures even though i told my mom several times that i felt sick and had deja vu, has young as 5, [but i remember it from the youngest memory and had seizures when i was a baby and when i had a fever at six] and she never took me to the doctors.i wasnt diagnosed until my 20s when it progressed to tonic clonics

Thank you so much.

And yeah I took her to the dr the same day and got a referral to a neurologist. She had her first at 13 months old. Epilepsy runs in our family so we new right away

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom