Back From The Cruise - No Seizures!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Kate

New
Reaction score
So, I am in Alabama at a hotel celebrating New Years with my family, and I have something else to celebrate..

I had no trouble with my seizures on my cruise! It was a miracle. And we think we have found the solution to my biggest seizure trigger (lack of sleep.) Sonata.

I have been on Sonata for a week, and I already feel completely different. I only have to take 5 mg at night, and it has been working so well for me. I fall asleep soon after taking it, and have no hang over or bad side effects from it.

It really does feel like a miracle to get a full nights sleep after only sleeping two-three hours a night for so long. Also, I know that I'm much less likely to have seizures now that I am getting good sleep. I just feel so much better.

I get back home to Indiana tomorrow, and will be calling my neurologist the day after, to talk to her, and I think she's going to start gradually raising my Topamax now that I'm home.

Anyway, I just wanted to update you all, and let you know we had a safe, and seizure-free trip. We still have about a six hour drive tomorrow, but I'm sure it'll go smoothly.

Thanks for all the support and I hope you all have a super fun and safe New Years!

Glad to hear that Kate! I know I am new here, but I read some of your posts. I have trouble sleeping and believe that my hormones & lack of sleep are playing a great part in my seizures! I was seizure free for 7 years! I had a question on the Sonata...is it like ambien or something? I see my neuro on the 10th and maybe I should mention it?

Thanks! Happy New Years!!!

Oh ((((Kate)))) I am SO happy for you. I've been worried about you. I prayed that you would have a happy trip with your family and everything would go well. That's really wonderful.

I hope that will continue. How grand that you're getting REST. Wonderful !!!

Yeah Kate!!!
That is wonderful. Hope it was all that you hoped it would be.
Now for positive thoughts into the New Year.

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! What a WONDERFUL way to start off the New Year! I am sooooooo excited for you, Kate!!!! YEAHHHHHH!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

WOW....That's Great. I wonder if it's just the relief of some stress that relates to being back home, doing the general day-to-day chores.

Whatever it is - you want more of it. It could off course being the ship rocking during the night helping you get to sleep ;)

Happy New Years Kate and glad to hear
that you were E-Free!

:woot:

I am glad you had a RESTFULL and seizure-free trip! Best wishes for the New Year!

:banana:

I am so glad you had a good time and were seizure free for the whole cruise!

welcome back.

Kerin

Back
Top Bottom