Bad seizure yesterday, should I be left alone at all

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
It just figures that yesterday my seizures were going to take their turn attacking me, I had a pretty bad CP yesterday, I knew it was going to when I got that nasty taste in my mouth and after putting the TV on mute was still hearing talking, and I was home alone, then just that feeling I get when most of time I end up in a grand mal,

I did manage to call my dad, his number is really easy to dial I couldn't think of his number I just remember what numbers to push because of where they are 2356. He couldn't understand anything I was trying to say and he came to my apt. ASAP. by the time he got here I was pretty well out of it, still my right arm jerking and my hand shaking like crazy.

I was terrified that I was going into status like I have the last two times I have had grandmals. He got a hold of my daughter and she came and got me and I stayed with her until she had to go to work. I slept almost all day and then back out by 7. I honestly feel like I did have a grandmal, headache, weakness and sore.

And of all times for them to take their turn, I still not feeling that well today, already had a mild partial and home alone again, and today is my Birthday, and these are my body's birthday to me.

I am again getting paranoid and scared to be left alone, my seizures are not under control and as all know I can't say I can't be left alone today because a bad seizure is going to hit me. I don't know what to do I am very scared and paranoid now again and I know that doesn's help to keep them from occurring.

{{{stringbean}}}

I hope you get the seizures under control. Everything else would take care of itself then.

Happy birthday. Enjoy the day as best you can! :cake:

Mixed emotions here stringbean!......

I am really hoping you get some relief from your fears soon!.....

...and I'm happy it's your BIRTHDAY!-------Happy Birthday To You!

Keep safe
Speber
:rock:

Hope you are feeling better soon. It's wonderful that your family is so close by and can help you through this.

Dear Stringbean,
Happy Birthday to you!
Are you taking medication for seizure to control it? If not, please consult a neuro asap. And one little suggestion is that may be you can save your family members' ph no & just use speed dial single digit number, so you don't have to remember the numbers during these tough times.
amy

Stringbean - wishing you good thoughts from CA. I hope that your seizures are undercontrol today and you can enjoy "your" day.
I am really glad that you were able to get help.

Hugs

Thank You all for your thoughts and Birthday Wishes.

Luckily I didn't have anymore yesterday. I did still feel blah, and took about a 3 hour nap, however after the nap felt alot better.

Amy - Yes I am on three seizure meds, 800mg carbamaipine (sp), 350mg. Lamitical, and .05 mg. the generic for klonopin five times a day. I have been tried on several different meds over the last seveal years and even had temperol lope resection, and still have seizures, not as often or as bad as before the surgery however they are still with me.
I do have a list of numbers to be called hanging right on my living room wall, for me and my 9 year old daughter and others. and behind it a list of things for them to do and not to do when and if I go into seizure for my friends and family. my seizures are different now than they were before my surgery and now my nuero wants me to go in for VEEG to see if they can do more surgery that it is more than likely scar tissure from the first that is now causing the seizures return which they did about a year and a half after my surgery in 2004.

Thanks Again to All, I am so lucky to have you for you comfort and support and understanding of how E can effect our lives at times.

tammy

Hi Again,

So sorry to hear about your bad seizures. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I do understand the feeling of fear of not wanting to be alone. It can be so terrifying. Glad your Dad is nearby for you. I will keep you in my prayers and send good thoughts your way. Rest up!! Make sure you also take a raincheck to celebrate your Birthday all over again when you feel good! :))

Michelle : )

Stringbean, if you were my next door neighbor I'd be there in a flash. Hope everything gets better for you.

Maybe a blood level test is needed for medications. Over the years, I've built up tolerance for the various medications. It may be time to switch again. I have to pre-count my meds and set alarms on my cell phone, watch, email, etc. so I take it on time.

I really hope this week starts out much better.

Anyway, even though you're not my mom, Happy Mothers' Day anyway!

Back
Top Bottom