Best for a migraine?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
After I have a sez I get a horrible migraine. I've taken over the counter meds, Advil, Tylonol and so on. They don't do anything. My neuro gave me some pecrisption meds but that really doesn't seem to help either.

I try to take the meds before the migrane comes on but sometimes that doesn't help. Someone told me that if you wait till the pain starts it will take longer for the meds to work.

I usually end up laying on the couch with an ice pack on my head for a few hours (really hours I'm not exradiating).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may help.

Be Careful

Many headache medications interact with AED's. I know Tegretol (which I'm on) interacts with all of them except ibuprofen.

I also found that doctors don't always check for interactions before prescribing more meds.

He didn't want to give me anything at first, it took me a year for him to finally pescribe something. He kept telling me to take the over the counter meds and I kept telling him that they didn't do anything.

He wanted to put me into some kind of headache clynic, I think he thought that I was getting them all the time. I explained that I only got them after a sez and that's when he pescribed me something.

I get a headache after nearly every seizure. I've learned to ... sort of relax them away. It's hard to explain, but I just go to a quiet place in my mind and the headache isn't there. I've meditated regularly for years, so I don't know if this is something that most people can do easily of if it's just a benefit of practicing meditation.

-B

Frankly, since

I've been on magnesium.....my migraines have pretty much gone by the wayside. I get an occasional oddball now and again, but they're really mild compared to the really violent ones I used to get, and using some key pressure points and herbal tea, I can usually stop them pretty quick now.

I just started taking Magnesium Malate 400g and it seems as though my migraines have decreased by 50%. I also use peppermint and lavender aromatherapy roll on stick for the temples on my head.

Back
Top Bottom