Best website for side effects

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
What is the best website for finding out what the side effects of meds are?

I generally check drugs.com or just search "<drug name> side effects".

Thanks Bernard. I've used that website before and it did look like a good one. One thing that I like about it too is the pill identifier on it and it's so easy to use. Everyone in the house takes meds and when you find one you don't know who's it is and what it is. It can be very confusing with meds too because you might have been taking a pill that always looked the same then it will look completely different. That's because the pill is purchased from a different company right? I've had to use it too because of that until the pill's look is stuck in my head.

"Askapatient.com" is a site for reading about side effects as reported by actual patients. It's anecdotal of course, so you have to keep that in mind. You can see the length of time that someone has been on a med, which can be helpful if you're curious about potential long-term side effects. Just google using askapatient "name of drug". Here's a sample for Lamictal: https://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=20241
or Tegretol: https://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=16608&name=TEGRETOL

Thanks Nak, I really like that. It's nice to be able to find someone like yourself - sex, age, dosage, how long they've been taking the med and how it's been making them feel. A person in they're 20's who's only been taking the med for a year at a low dosage probably isn't going to feel the same as someone in their 50's that's been taking it completely different way.

Back
Top Bottom