Blood sugar relationship to seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I think I'll go crawl under a rock now...tired of dealing with my "boys" and all their issues (multiple food allergies, autism, seizures, diabetes, UGH!).

I'm tired of dealing with some of these issues, too. I have epilepsy, thyroid disorder, and Type 1 diabetes, so some days I want to crawl under a rock because I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I watch my diet very carefully, eating 4-5 small meals a day, especially watching the carbs and calculating my intake. I exercise, which is essential for those with diabetes, make sure I get my rest, test my glucose numerous times a day and have to take insulin injections with every meal and at bedtime. I also take 3000 mgs of Keppra along with some Topamax every day, have a VNS and still experience CP seizures occasionally. Just last week I had 3 in one day and fortunately, one was in front of my epileptologist. She thinks it was due to a lot of stress I had been under due to my daughter's wedding and other family "issues", and lack of sleep.

Last time I was in to see my endocrinologist, my A1c was still a bit high. They want it under 7 and mine was just over 7, so it wasn't that high, but some of the seizure meds and BP meds can interfere with the readings.

I was unable to open that link.

I have noticed that white potato is a major seizure trigger for my son--especially in potato chip form.

Cint--
My hubby (just dx with type 1 diabetes) started feeling better with TCM--Chinese herbs and accupuncture. He is not 100% yet but the herbs helped him to finally sleep better (instead of waking up every hour) and is making his foot pain go away (already has neuropathy...probably because he had diabetes for >6 months before being diagnosed).

Lgit

Is there a book on the LGIT or do I need to go to a dietician to start it?

Thanks

I've noticed if I don't get my testosterone replacement on time (every 2 weeks) my blood sugar crashes when it otherwise wouldn't have. I have had seizures when this happens if I don't eat or drink something every hour. I have read Tegretol can lower Testosterone levels and patients have their Testosterone levels return to normal once getting off Tegretol.

As I set here reading this about low blood sugar, it's making me wander.

I have being taking B-12 sub., B-12 shot every 2 weeks for several years now. I have never been able to go for 1 month.

My B-12 level was high 1022 on Monday, then on Fri. I started with the tiredness, walking was hard, could not concentrate, I was a mess.

I had planned a trip in the North Ga. Mountains. I felt bad for my husband and friends. I couldn't carry out any of the things I planned, they just sat and watch as I cryed, I could feel panic attack coming on.

I want to live a nornal live, but it seems when I think Ok I've got it, if I do this and do that -I am getting better. OK I will plan a camping trip with friends, then I go to pieces.

I try to eat something every 2 hours at home (apple, gran. bar) and it seemed I was getting better. Then just going off for 3 days (didn't keep my daily routine eating.) I was watching what I eat.

WELLL I saying all this, does this sound like low blood sugar.

Does this sound like low blood sugar?

Back
Top Bottom