[Info] Briviact

NaomiD

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
:bigmouth:Does anybody have any experience with Briviact ? If so how did/does it make you feel ?

dawn9100

New
Reaction score
Hi Naomi!

I'm fairly new to this forum, but I have been taking Briviact for about 7-8 months, I haven't noticed a decrease in seizures, but the medication I was taking before was Keppra, and I understand they're very similar. But while on the Briviact (or also the Keppra) I did experience a huge decrease in seizures when I switched from Topomax.

The even better news is that I don't think I really have any side effects, from either the Briviact or the Keppra. I'm not gaining or losing weight, I'm not sleeping more than I should (like I did with Depakote). I am still having issues with depression, but those were around before both Briviact and Keppra, so it's probably not related.

Of the list of drugs I've tried, I'd say Briviact/Keppra have affected me the least with unwanted side effects, and have controlled my seizures the best.

NaomiD

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
Hi Dawn ,
My seizures are about the same I've not really noticed any difference as of yet, either increase or decrease , however I am having some side effects , I'm getting to the point now where if a medication has side effects I'm going to get them. Even the doctor has commented on it lol.

dawn9100

New
Reaction score
Actually - I should have added this-

I will be talking to my Neuro about the idea of changing meds in a few weeks. While I am doing much, much better than with Topomax, I'm still not doing well enough to drive. I really hope to find a drug that will allow me to start driving again.

NaomiD

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
Would love to get my car back , let us know how you go