[Info] Briviact

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

NaomiD

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
:bigmouth:Does anybody have any experience with Briviact ? If so how did/does it make you feel ?

Hi Naomi!

I'm fairly new to this forum, but I have been taking Briviact for about 7-8 months, I haven't noticed a decrease in seizures, but the medication I was taking before was Keppra, and I understand they're very similar. But while on the Briviact (or also the Keppra) I did experience a huge decrease in seizures when I switched from Topomax.

The even better news is that I don't think I really have any side effects, from either the Briviact or the Keppra. I'm not gaining or losing weight, I'm not sleeping more than I should (like I did with Depakote). I am still having issues with depression, but those were around before both Briviact and Keppra, so it's probably not related.

Of the list of drugs I've tried, I'd say Briviact/Keppra have affected me the least with unwanted side effects, and have controlled my seizures the best.

Hi Dawn ,
My seizures are about the same I've not really noticed any difference as of yet, either increase or decrease , however I am having some side effects , I'm getting to the point now where if a medication has side effects I'm going to get them. Even the doctor has commented on it lol.

Actually - I should have added this-

I will be talking to my Neuro about the idea of changing meds in a few weeks. While I am doing much, much better than with Topomax, I'm still not doing well enough to drive. I really hope to find a drug that will allow me to start driving again.

Would love to get my car back , let us know how you go

Back
Top Bottom