Briviact

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

AndrewIrish

Stalwart
Reaction score
Hey all - I have been taking Briviact for a little over a ear now and had questions if others had same experience as me.

I switched from Keppra to Briviact due to Keppa Rage issues and My neuro said Briviact was new version of Keppra without rage. It has worked wonderfully. I dont believe I have had a seizure in 4 years now. Except I have gained massive amounts of weight on Briviact - approx 60 lbs.

Anyone had experience or side effects?

My wife has been taking Briviact, Aptiom and ONFI for a long time now (over a year). It's hard to isolate or attribute responsibility for behaviors to each med, but she gained a little weight when she went through a phase of compulsively eating fatty snacks. I attribute it more to an overall depression than a side effect of one of the drugs. She's doing better now with her emotions and diet and has lost some of the weight.

I didn’t gain weight on Briviact. Started Onfi a few months ago and have gained a few pounds.
The more I read the more I realize how differently med’s effect people.

Back
Top Bottom