Bruises on my legs

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
I noticed that lately I've been getting bruises on my legs. All of them have been on my legs from my upper thigh down. They are black and blue and hurt.

I've fallen off of chairs and things like that before when I've had seizures but I wonder if I'm walking around the house now running into things while I'm having a seizure. I'm home alone during the day so no one is there to see if I have a seizure, which I'm sure I've had many when I'm alone, and to see what I do during it. I've never walked around when someone is home and I'm having a seizure. Nothing seems to be out of pace either.

Do you have any guesses what you might be bumping into? Do you think it's happened more than once?

Hi valeried,

The same thing happened to me I had bruises all over me but I didn't know how I got them until I had a blood test and I found out that my blood platelet level was way to low and my Dr. had to admit me into the hospital and take me off the drug Depakene that was causing this. You may want to call your Dr. and ask them to do a blood platelet level check if the bruises don't go away or you see more. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Do you have any guesses what you might be bumping into? Do you think it's happened more than once?

It has happened more than once. I'll see that I've got a bruise somewhere on my leg. They might be big or small and they are very light black and blue not dark. Then maybe a few days or so later there will be another one somewhere else on my leg.

The bruises on my lower legs might be from the coffee table we have. It looks like a huge semi padded box, if you wan't to even consider it padded because there's really no squish to it. I've run into it so many times when I'm walking around. I've hit my toe on it so many times too that I can't believe I haven't broke it.

The ones on my thighs are the ones that I really can't figure out where they might have come from.

Hi valeried,

The same thing happened to me I had bruises all over me but I didn't know how I got them until I had a blood test and I found out that my blood platelet level was way to low and my Dr. had to admit me into the hospital and take me off the drug Depakene that was causing this. You may want to call your Dr. and ask them to do a blood platelet level check if the bruises don't go away or you see more. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

I'll ask my dr about this, thanks.

Have you considered getting a security camera system like Arlo? The cameras can be set up inside the house for self monitoring...

Back
Top Bottom