Bucket Lists

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Pingu

Stalwart
Reaction score
This is something that came up a few days ago. I recently ticked off an item on my bucket list, climb Mount Kosciuszko - Australia's highest mountain. I'm happy with myself for this one as it's a 15km trek and I nailed it with an average speed of 5kph and only carrying 595ml of water (I'm notorious for carrying next to no water when I know I'm in an area with water around...even if it is creek water).

It got me thinking about the other things on my list, which is quite extensive. So, what's on yours and what have you ticked off so far?

Mine looks like this:
Ticked off
Work for NSW National Parks as a Ranger - I ended up becoming a Field Services Officer, then was made redundant thanks to Government budget cuts
Work for a ferry company
Work for a bus company
Become a Firefighter
Start up my own company
Climb Mount Kosciuszko

Still outstanding
Complete the trifecta and work for the Trains
Own a 1999 Dodge Viper GTS
Get my deep water diving qualification
Dive the HMAS Sydney wreck
Go into business for myself not relying on a main job
Climb Kilimanjaro
Complete the Kokoda Trail
Win a Hockey Grand Final
Own a plot of land in the bush
Become an airport firefighter

Mine would be fairly simple I guess.

Sea the ocean.
Climb a mountain.
Own a 1971-73 Buick Riviera.
Go to Alaska.
Live in Alaska.
See my husband's face if he ever got to meet Neil Pert.
See a concert.

That's all I can think of right now.

Here are a few for starters. Probably more fantasy than bucket list. :)

Take a month or two off from work so I can travel to faraway places (and drop in on CWE folks along the way -- watch out!).
Do a road trip across the U.S. in an airstream trailer.
Own a Volvo P1800es -- but one with all the modern conveniences (decent transmission, AC, etc.)
Learn to do woodworking (without injuring myself).
Design and build a tiny home.
Publish a graphic novel (first I have to learn to write and draw).

Here's my list:

Sell the house and move down south.
Retire on a good income
Plant a beautiful flower garden
Look like I'm 20 yrs. old again.
Continue teaching college students about epilepsy.

the goal for the year, is to take the pictures of 100 strangers with there consent. I have started a new blog to practice writing on, so you all will know how it goes. https://iwentoutside.000webhostapp.com/

i am moving to jacksonville, florida next month.

long term goals are to get my passport back, take a girl with me and travel as much as possible and enjoy myself

and sit with the dali lama

odds are at some point pick up another steel bicycle hand made by japanese sword smiths and blessed by bhuddist monks. just because they talk back

This is something that came up a few days ago. I recently ticked off an item on my bucket list, climb Mount Kosciuszko - Australia's highest mountain. I'm happy with myself for this one as it's a 15km trek and I nailed it with an average speed of 5kph and only carrying 595ml of water (I'm notorious for carrying next to no water when I know I'm in an area with water around...even if it is creek water).

It got me thinking about the other things on my list, which is quite extensive. So, what's on yours and what have you ticked off so far?

Mine looks like this:
Ticked off
Work for NSW National Parks as a Ranger - I ended up becoming a Field Services Officer, then was made redundant thanks to Government budget cuts
Work for a ferry company
Work for a bus company
Become a Firefighter
Start up my own company
Climb Mount Kosciuszko

Still outstanding
Complete the trifecta and work for the Trains
Own a 1999 Dodge Viper GTS
Get my deep water diving qualification
Dive the HMAS Sydney wreck
Go into business for myself not relying on a main job
Climb Kilimanjaro
Complete the Kokoda Trail
Win a Hockey Grand Final
Own a plot of land in the bush
Become an airport firefighter

i lost all chances of becoming a fire fighter when i got diaged, and the blood clots only made it worse, i went to school with intents of becoming a smoke jumper. ( because they live a long time) and living fast and living only a little bit of a corpse

Be a writer
Be a comedian
Ride the Zamboni - Did get to meet Iceburgh though Pingu
Learn a foreign language
Learn how to do something that didn't know how to do
See a good bit of snow on the ground this winter, I just love the way it looks
See the Pyramids

See my husband's face if he ever got to meet Neil Pert..

I started laughing as soon as I saw this! He's my ex's idol cause he's the "Greatest Drummer in the WORLD!!" I don't know what he'd do if this was true! I think he'd love to see anyone in Rush though.

Last edited:
Valerie I don't know where you live but, here in S. IL. we've already had a good amount of snow twice. About 3 inches the first week of November, then about 6 the second week of December. I love the way snow looks too.

Be a writer
Be a comedian
Ride the Zamboni - Did get to meet Iceburgh though Pingu
Learn a foreign language
Learn how to do something that didn't know how to do
See a good bit of snow on the ground this winter, I just love the way it looks
See the Pyramids

I started laughing as soon as I saw this! He's my ex's idol cause he's the "Greatest Drummer in the WORLD!!" I don't know what he'd do if this was true! I think he'd love to see anyone in Rush though.

He's my hubby favorite drummer too. And I wouldn't mind giving Geddy Lee a big hug! LOL

I forgot to add have Tommy Shaw sing "Girls With Guns" to me. I might not be responsible for my actions after he was done tho. LOL

Sad to say, Neil Peart just died of brain cancer. :(

I really wasn't paying attention when they said it so I hurried up and looked on the internet to see if what I heard was right. Wonder if this had anything to do with the band break up?

I remember seeing Neil Peart back in the late 1970's when he was doing a wonderful job playing the drums for RUSH. I still think I have
my ticket stub in my scrapbook. Those were the good old days of music. Wishing all of you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

When my husband first saw this on FB last night he thought is was just BS. Then I looked on the news and saw it was true. I started to cry. He will be missed. RIP Neil and may God bless you. Now he can be reunited with his first wife and daughter.

Wow i can't imagine having never seen the sea before. But then i've lived in a seaside town on and off for 30 years and i come from a country it takes an hour or two to drive across lol. North Antrim coastline is absolutely amazing <3

My bucket list i suppose would be

Visit Japan
Get my Irish passport (i already have a UK one)
Live in/own a house with central heating, a big kitchen, and own my own washing machine.

I guess the last one is the most important lol

Visit Japan
Apparently Japan’s really nice , the Japanese people are lovely. My brother is married to a Japanese lady. They met here but lived over in Japan for a few years and married over there. My brother is close to our dad so paid for him to be at the wedding and they wore the traditional Japanese clothes.

It's my dream to go but it would be soooo expensive, more expensive than it would be to go to the US. Me and my brother were looking it up, and we'd probably need about £6k each, eeek!

I'd like to go to German. I took it in high school and remember about 3 words so I think I'd be ok.
Find out if JR is really dead! LOL
See the Spinx
Get inside Area 51. - Not joking about this.

I'd like to go to German. I took it in high school and remember about 3 words so I think I'd be ok.
Find out if JR is really dead! LOL
See the Spinx
Get inside Area 51. - Not joking about this.

German is a language I'm trying to get fluent in at the moment.

I'd love to see Area 51, I've been lucky enough to get tours of some of our Naval and Air Force bases through work, and used to work in a repurposed naval base

I'd love to go to France to see how much high school French i can remember lol. I know at least i can say "I'm sorry but i don't speak French" perfectly fluently in french, which made a Tunisian guy i met in Spain laugh (it was his native language)

I'd love to go to France to see how much high school French i can remember lol. I know at least i can say "I'm sorry but i don't speak French" perfectly fluently in french, which made a Tunisian guy i met in Spain laugh (it was his native language)

When I took German in high school we weren't aloud to speak anything but German once we walked through the class room door. If we didn't know what the word was in German then we had to say 'wie sagt man' which translated to English meant 'how do you say' pretty fast. One time when I was saying something to our teacher I told him F*** you in German! The class started laughing and the teacher lowered his head shaking it saying " Oh, Fräulein" (Oh Miss}. Someone told me what I'd said and I was so embarrassed. Luckily I was the worst one in the class so the teacher knew I didn't say it on purpose!

Back
Top Bottom