Bushfires in Australia

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

From the firefighter perspective, we are just getting absolutely hammered. Its brilliant that other countries have now sent people over to assist. My brigade has been flat out since August and on multiple occasions, we've sent over 30 firefighters out across my state
Thanks Pingu
I knew you’d have a better idea then me. I really only been keeping updated with what’s been happening in vic and nsw / vic border.
I knew they have been going since at less November?

I just looked at that newspaper clip again and the fires are closer to my work then my home. From what I can work out the fires are heading out of town away from the town I live in.

But I do have a friend who lives near the Beechworth - Wodonga area where the grass fires are burning. I saw her post that she’s taken the kids to safety but Im hoping she’ll be ok 😕

The videos taken at 8.27 and 8.33 are just a couple of blocks from my work.

I live the other part of town, it doesn’t take long to drive but when I walk it’s about 50 mins each way so nice exercise

1578654926959.jpeg

Last edited:
HI CQ,

Thanks for sharing the picture, it's so sad that this had to happen and I want you to know my prayers are with you, your family
and everyone over your way. I wish you all only the best and May God Bless All of You!

Sue

HI CQ,

Thanks for sharing the picture, it's so sad that this had to happen and I want you to know my prayers are with you, your family
and everyone over your way. I wish you all only the best and May God Bless All of You!

Sue
Thank you Sue
The actual fire was further away but that picture was at taken a couple of blocks near work. The fires must be heading to the next town which isn’t that far from work because I saw on fb that a pub / motel about 5 mins from work was being evacuated and roads around that area were closed of .

The local fire station is only about 3 doors up from work so we always see trucks going past but this morning we saw about 4 trucks go past with their sirens heading away from town. My co worker said there must be a bad fire in one of the country towns.

The one I posted a couple of hours ago didn’t happen until tonight.

We did have a really hot day today, I even took taxi home which I hardly do unless the weathers bad or I’m not well. Were expected to have cool change again on the weekend.

Also I saw my friend post an update on fb that she is safe 😊

The fire I posted about last night is now under control.
Last night my mum posted on fb a link to an emergency warning but didn’t say why she was posting it. This had our friends, family worried I wasn’t safe.
I had a friend in Chicago message me to check.

This morning when I spoke to mum she explained she shared the post because I’d told her we saw fire trucks go past work so she assumed that was why.

I had to explain fire station is right near work so we always see the trucks but what we saw yesterday was crazy, also we saw the trucks on the morning. The fire she was referring to happened late yesterday afternoon.

A bit of confusion 🤦🏼‍♀️ but at less it is under control

I've seen Australia on fire on the news every day and it does look bad. So sorry you're having to suffer thru this. My nephew, who is a forest firefighter from Arizona, is one of the Americans who was sent over to help with the fires. Thinking about you every day.
Cint
They just had a story on our local news about the American / Canadian fire fighters helping with the fires. Hopefully the link will work, but they interviewed an American Alan Brigs. Don’t know if that’s your nephew 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
We finally got rain which is helping with the fires and also means it has cooled down a little.
We had some hail in the city yesterday, missed how much damage there was but when I woke this morning I woke to thunder. Hopefully the thunder didn’t start more fires 🤦🏼‍♀️🙄

Hi CQ,

I'm glad to hear that it finally rained and I hope the fires will stop. I hope the fires stop and everyone is safe. I wish you
only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Lucky we had some heavy rainfall so many of the fires were extinguished. Last weekend was incredibly tough emotion wise for me, on Friday, we held a one minute silence for those who died during the fires...I lost a mate of mine in December, so I broke down crying, then Sunday was the state memorial service...after Friday, I chose not to attend but was still thinking about it.

Lucky we had some heavy rainfall so many of the fires were extinguished.
I heard on the news taht the bigger fires in NSW/ QLD were out. Not sure about down here in VIC as i havent been following it.
We didnt have as much rain as up in NSW/ QLD, from my understanding it was some good rain but we still need plenty more before the drought is broken

Last weekend was incredibly tough emotion wise for me, on Friday, we held a one minute silence for those who died during the fires...I lost a mate of mine in December, so I broke down crying, then Sunday was the state memorial service...after Friday, I chose not to attend but was still thinking about it.
Sorry to hear about your friend.

Back
Top Bottom