Can anyone tell me why I need a new referral?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I went to my Neurologists office to ask about an appointment concernining my foot problem and I've been seeing him OVER two years because of having a seizure but they said I need a NEW referral from my doctor to see him about my foot because it's a new problem and right now without it, he can only see me for my seizures. Can anyone tell me why? This is stupid, I've been seeing him over two years. I called my doctor and told them and they said they'd write up a referral to see him about the foot but I don't think I should have to since I've been his patient over 2 years. UGH

You're right, you shouldn't have to, but I have two words for you: Insurance companies. We need them, but they are the bane of our existence. What is wrong with your foot?

Yeah, most likely the insurance. My foot has been vibrating for the past 3 1/2 weeks, not constant but several times a day & feels just like when a cell phone vibrates and my doctor thought at first it was either my thryoid, diabetes or vitamin B deficiency but that's normal. So he told me to see the Neurologist

Back
Top Bottom