Can someone explain the difference between a true seizure and just a partial seizure?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

welcome pccoder :) great place to join!
being completely aware is a simple partial seizure, and majority agree, it is NOT fun. however, simple partials are a hidden blessing, even if they don't feel that way at the time. as i've dealt with it numerous times i guarantee you that s.p.'s, for those fortunate enough to have them, are vital... having that warning and enough time to get in a safe place/position in case they progress into a complex and/or grand mal.
in 20 years i've had well over 1,000 of them and 13 grand mals (& 3 in seizure unit). my injuries would be 10-fold compared to what they were if i hadn't had the warning, such as third degree burns from the inside of a sauna and many others.
i greatly feel that s.p.'s at one time destroyed my life (b/c they're fear-based, one of the worst types if not the worst). however that being said, without them i'd likely be dead from smashing my head when no one was home or burnt beyond repair.
take comfort in this if you can, not only b/c they give us the option of safety, but also b/c many aren't so lucky, and my heart goes out to them greatly.

:hugs:

Back
Top Bottom