Can Tegretol lower body temperature

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

donnajane

New
Reaction score
My 2yr old is on 2.5ml Tegretol in the morning and 7.5ml in the evening. We have noticed he is having quite a few very low temperatures down to 34.2 but usually when it's low its 34.4/5. Usually when he is this low he is quite sweaty and a bit cold. I have started to chart this and it seems to happen in the late afternoon most of the time. In the morning for the last 3 days he has started around 37.2 then gradually dropped down during the day.

Can Tegretol alter his Temperature? He see's his nureo and paed on the 25th Feb and I will give the chart I am doing as it may help them work out a bit more what is happening.
Thanks
Donna

I couldn't find it listed as a Tegretol side effect. Sometimes a temp drop in an infant is a sign of infection -- though it sounds like in his case it goes up and down, so that makes an infection less likely. Definitely let the doc know.

Thanks. I googled it and found some reference to it but it is not listed on the side effects. Will keep charting and speak to paed and Nureo on 25th Feb.

Donna

Back
Top Bottom