Caves

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Bernard

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
I took my family to the Natural Bridge Caverns this past weekend and it was spectacular in there. All the rain Central Texas has received lately has saturated the limestone and it was virtually raining inside the cave! It was very wet in there and the King's Castle room looked like it had a moat - setting off the towering columns and features in the middle of the room in dramatic fashion. This is what part of the room looks like normally:
kingsthrone.jpg

Very cool (no pun intended). When I was small, parents took us kids into a commercial cave in Wisconsin. In college (Southern Illinois), I and a spelunker friend went into a few private caves, biggest was Mystery cave. Caves are fun, but many things on the surface are better. I like to suggest...

Canoeing (away from powerboats, use lifejackets, be safe). Morning & evening are nice, mid-day is HOT. We see lots of turtles, fish, birds, and other.

Very nice website.

Thanks Cuhead, welcome to the forum. :hello:

I'll post some pics of the cave the day we were there as soon as I manage to copy them from my wife's computer.

Ruby Falls in Chattanooga Tenn is really cool. We went lots of times as a kid. Don't think I could do the walk now.

Birdbomb said:
Ruby Falls in Chattanooga Tenn is really cool. We went lots of times as a kid. Don't think I could do the walk now.

Birdy - you can "can it" at Ruby Falls -
they RUSH you now, the last time I took my son there,
they had us in and out in 10 minutes flat! I don't know
how the heck they managed to accomplish that feat,
but they did! It used to be like 30-45 minute tour. And
they even used to have a little "mini-movie" before you
even went on the tour - that's eliminated now. What a
rip-off for the amount of money you paid! GEESH! Good
thing we had tickets for free!

However, Rock City's still good as Ever! :) :D :) :D
We spent all of our time over there! :lol:

I confess - I did it - I JUST HAD TO - been to Rock City
so many times, I had to cave in ...

I bought myself that DANG NABBIT BIRDHOUSE!

SEE ROCK CITY :lol:

And I still have it! :lol:

Oh far out! Did you do the incline? My last trip was back in 1974. I was a little kid the last time I saw Rock City and we thought that place was so cool.

Always wanted one of those dang bird houses! I was born not far from Lookout Mountain in Ft. Oglethorpe. It's such a pretty place, I always consider Northern Georgia my home in spite of the fact we left when I was a toddler. My grandparents lived in Chattanooga for 70 years and we used to visit every year. God I miss that place!

Now Fay, my moderator on my site, lives outside of Atlanta and sounds just like my Aunt Delia! I love hearing the sound of her voice. It takes me back to warm cornbread, chicken and dumplings, lemon drops, picking veggies right out of the garden, croquet in the hollar, lighteningbugs, the dark and scary basement, red GA clay, Coca-Cola in bottles that need a church key, picking blackberries....Look out! It's old home week!

Birdbomb said:
Oh far out! Did you do the incline? My last trip was back in 1974. I was a little kid the last time I saw Rock City and we thought that place was so cool.

Always wanted one of those dang bird houses! I was born not far from Lookout Mountain in Ft. Oglethorpe. It's such a pretty place, I always consider Northern Georgia my home in spite of the fact we left when I was a toddler. My grandparents lived in Chattanooga for 70 years and we used to visit every year. God I miss that place!

Now Fay, my moderator on my site, lives outside of Atlanta and sounds just like my Aunt Delia! I love hearing the sound of her voice. It takes me back to warm cornbread, chicken and dumplings, lemon drops, picking veggies right out of the garden, croquet in the hollar, lighteningbugs, the dark and scary basement, red GA clay, Coca-Cola in bottles that need a church key, picking blackberries....Look out! It's old home week!

Yup been on the incline several times before, on the
railway and driving down back from the mountain! :lol:
(ain't dat da troof? :lol:)

And don't forget about the Civil War Museum that's
right smack there at the corner too!

Well, as far as I know, I think you can order those
Birdhouses online. It's not hard to assemble together
at all! I was surprised! Mine is a Medium Sized one.

Last time we were there was in 2000 or 2001.

PS: I took that photo below @ 3 AM :lol:

rockcity.jpg

The big one and the cast iron dinner bell too. This will be good to call the kids in from the yard.

I'm gonna put that bird house in front yard and I even post a picture when it gets here. Just remind me 8)

Now if I could just get on the roof with some red, black and white paint..... :twisted: paint

Birdbomb said:

Now if I could just get on the roof with some red, black and white paint..... :twisted: paint

Now Now Now don't get carried away!

Some of these sorts requires a permit
ya know! :lol:

Oh my gosh!!
My birdhouse price has soared since
I bought it, but maybe it is cheaper
if you go there in person - I dunno,
but almost $23.00? WOW!!
I didn't pay attention to the price until
now - :shock:

Back
Top Bottom