CBD % THC oil

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Emee

Stalwart
Reaction score
If this is a subject that is not to be discussed here please excuse me. My question is, does anyone with seizures take CBD hemp oil to help symptoms of any other illness? I & others have horrific pain at times & wonder if CBD oil would cause seizures to be worse? If anyone has any experience with this do you have any suggestions of what kind to use etc.? I know nothing about it but I don't want to make seizures worse. Thanks.

Hi Emee,
I've been using CBD oil for at least 6 yrs. if not longer for my seizures and it has reduced them to the lowest in my life even after
having brain surgery. I found out I was drug resistant and my Epileptologist told me to start using the CBD oil. I buy it online at
CBD plus but I make sure I don't get it with thc or it will mess me up. I buy the mouth spray in the mint flavor and squirt it twice in
the morning and twice in the afternoon. I use about 10 mg. a day.
I have found that the CBD also helps my back a lot I have 2 herinated discs and it has stopped a lot of the pain. I will tell you that
it makes you sleepy within just a few seconds so be sure you aren't doing anything that could cause a problem when you are tired.
I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You,

Sue

Thanks much for this info. I hope you continue to improve.

I use CBD oil and sometimes I'm wondering how much it helps. Sometimes it seems to if I feel slightly foggy and I hold it under my tongue for a minute. I notice that it is wonderful for anxiety or stress.

If I am way brain foggy, having extreme virtigo, or a limb is twitching/moving on it's own - I find chewing the bud straight from the plant is the most effective. Awful tasting, but starts working for me super fast - generally within 5 minutes. I'd rather take that over a benzo any day.

I have never had worsening symptoms from full-spectrum CBD oil or from the plant itself.

I use Lazarus Naturals (they also have a program that if you have state assistance and can provide proof, they will discount their product). Although, one time we did get a bottle and thought, "This isn't helping at all. It didn't taste as potent as it normally does, didn't smell the same." after a while, I wondered if it was not full spectrum or a pirated version from the company itself? We will never know. We didn't suspect anything was wrong with that bottle until we got another one and realized there was a HUGE difference. So, perhaps take this with caution. I have heard Charlotte's Web is ultimately the best of the best, but it is expensive.

Generally, you'd want a high CBD and low THC strain. The Lazarus Naturals contains 50mg of CBD per ml.

If you look for a plant strain to buy, be sure you're getting that high CBD/low THC.

I use CBD as well. I use a balm or the tincture on my feet and calves pretty much everyday. My seizures nearly always start with my feet and calves cramping first, then going into a full body tonic-clonic. My neurologist says, since it's a brain thing, putting a balm on my feet and calves won't prevent seizures. Maybe not, but it soothes the cramps and makes me feel like I'm doing something.

Some full spectrum CBDs are sold with with lidocaine as an added ingredient. I find it cheaper to buy Aspercreme and use it along with a FS CBD. Also, I used the low THC CBDs for a bit and got away from them. It seems I'm very sensitive to even low-dose THC.. I don't like feeling high--not like the old days in my teens and twenties.

Finally, the most effective single seizure preventive I've found was to stop drinking alcohol. Unlike pot, I really like the taste of a good IPA or a well-mixed Martini (and the subsequent high). Alas.

ksq

Hi MadysonHensle,

Welcome to the forum! When it comes to CBD oil it has reduces my seizures like you wouldn't believe, it also can
help a person sleep and they have the cream out that helps if a person has body aches and that has worked well for me
when I use it. You can buy the hempvana for pain relief and arthritis. I order my CBD oil through pluscbd.com and they are
a company online and they have all different forms of CBD. I buy the mouth spray and it works really well with my seizures.
Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You,

Sue

If this is a subject that is not to be discussed here please excuse me. My question is, does anyone with seizures take CBD hemp oil to help symptoms of any other illness? I & others have horrific pain at times & wonder if CBD oil would cause seizures to be worse? If anyone has any experience with this do you have any suggestions of what kind to use etc.? I know nothing about it but I don't want to make seizures worse. Thanks.
I’ve tried cbd oil from fluent dispensary for generalized epileptic seizures I’ve had in the past. You gotta go based on your body weight because you’ll need more oil to calm your nerves down. I almost had a seizure 4/22/23, took a full dropper of CBD oil before bed. Woke up Sunday and had a celebration brunch with some friends, but my mood was in and out and my sister said my skin looked pale. Went to sleep Sunday night, woke up a bit confused, then had a seizure 4/24/23 early morning 6AM. Takes me a 4-5 days to recuperate, but I can say right now 4/26/23 I feel better. My emotions and lip go numb a second but the feeling comes back. I didn’t bite my mouth as bad as I’ve done in the past either. With the CBD oil, I’ll add a little bit to my tea when I sleep every OTHER night; still trying to understand the science of it all. God bless!

Great topic. Thank you. I am eager to say that my epileptologist. Said that CBD is the truck and new a little careful: it has amazing anti-seizute properties. But that holds true up until a point. There is a level at which it has the opposite effect. At a certain level it's is high enough to have the opposite effect, and can stimulate spasticity and encourage seizure activity.
I smoke also, so I am conscious of amounts I may be adding to my already 'high' body.
Just a note that not all remedies can meet study with just be added, Willy-nilly in any amounts ( or any time). So everyone has their own reaction. I am excited to commit to using a version of Measured, timed trials.
As it was stated, this is a newer study with AMA/ big Pharma.
If I take a good dose of CBD, Am I getting really high amounts of CBD/THC. To my knowledge THC does help, in a supplemental way.
I'm not sure on that part. Of course it's all subjective.
But I live alone now so I can have no idea of how many seizures I may be having. Sometimes, the firemen wake me on the sidewalk and bring me to the ER because I'm too disorientated to even stay up on all 4. Hands and knees. I venture to suggest that the days I wake with a bad headache and really sore, pulled muscles in my whole back/neck and sometimes sheets that are soaked with sweat. That, to me are clear signs. I imagine that in public someone would say something. Or I would recall waking on the sidewalk. But some argue that in a postictal state I have no idea where I was for a while or what I may have done.
I admit that that is a worthwhile point of view. Anyone else recall their switches after?. Pretty quickly?
I have retractable ( totally unpredictable, no known triggers). But random tonic-clonic/ generalized, myopic, Absence, tremor. All of which are without warning or known triggers.
Thirdly: thank you for being here everybody. I sure love it. This site and all you guys sharing. I share stuff on here freely the things I don't share about my seizures with commoners. Regular Lay people often can't get it without judgement.

Back
Top Bottom