cellulose dietary fiber

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Emee

Stalwart
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with cellulose dietary fiber? I apologize for continuously asking questions. I've been diagnosed with chronic kidney disease & some of the products I'm told that is safe to use with kidney disease I'm not sure would not cause seizures. A lot of these fiber products use chemicals in processing which is not safe for me but there is no side effects listed on the labels. Thanks again!

Hello. I have been using Benefiber on a daily basis as a fiber supplement for about 5 years. Despite eating a high fiber diet & drinking about a 1/2 gallon of water/day, I still have problems with constipation. I didn't like Metamucil because it makes you bloated.
One AED I take cause constipation, & requires me to drink a lot of water to prevent kidney stones. I take Topiramate & Zonisamide--400mg/day each.

Thank you very much! Metamucil not only made my constipation worse it added more problems. I drink a lot of water but it doesn't seem to help any. I appreciate your help more than you can know!

Back
Top Bottom