Chart of non-prescription (AED) drug treatments for epilepsy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

very intrestig but woudl help if u put a chart of the smileis so we no wot they mean

I'll see if I can add a legend for the smilies. If you place the mouse cursor over any of them, you will see comments as a 'tool tip' appear. I originally didn't have any images and just a bunch of text, but it made the chart too big and hard to read.

ACK!! The flag waving smiley on the VNS is flashing! May cause sz in someone!

Do photosensitive people really browse the net with animation enabled?

The pop up window was flashing. Not worried about the smiley action, the window was flashing making it impossible to read

What pop-up window? The tool tip text when you hover over a smilie? It's probably because I wrote too much text. Try scrolling the window up or down so that the smilie is at the top or bottom of the screen and then hover over the smilie.

Nope, doesn't matter where it sits it still flashes. It's the only one that does.

Which one is it? (Which smilie?)

VNS (Vagus Nerve Stimulator) - Cyberonics/Potential Adverse Effects

OK BB, try again and let me know if it still flickers.

Archer, :)

If the scroll bar is more than 1/3 of the way down, it will flash off and on.

At least now I could read what it said.

Couple more tweeks should have it.... :wink:

Well, I've adjusted some of the smilies to non-animated, but I haven't found a good static replacement for the "good or bad" smilie.

BB, unfortunately, I don't have any control over the sizing of the 'tool-tip' pop-up. Browsers render that however they like. The only thing I can control is how much text I put in there and I've already scrunched down all the potential adverse effects as much as possible. I may have to look at rendering all that text in DHTML pop-ups or something...

great job Bernard! i know you spent a lot of time devoloping this chart, and doing the homework associated with it. :D

Thanks! I had to hand code the page in Wordpad... Time consuming drag to say the least....

I live on the west coast,I am will be taking a course on Basic Pranic Healing.
Instead of paying someone to heal me.I will be able to heal myself with
crystals.

One can also use reiki. A shamen, crystal bowls.

Usually these techniques are mixed with acupuncture and or ostepathy to stop all seizures and help you get off meds.

Most of the time these masters volunteer their time in hospitals or old age homes till they get grants and it becomes acceptable to the medical community.

The west coast has been enlightning experience,compared to the east coast stuffy attitude.

Theirs alot more out to help pple than one thinks.

Positive Person

Bernard I have been useing homepathy since Feb to control my szs. I am down to 1/2 tab of mysoline and my homepathy med. I have changed homepathy Drs in the hopes of finally making it off the last 1/2tab. I think
homepathy should be added to your list. The meds are cheapier as is the Drs and it has brought me 1/2 tab of mysoline. Which is a success in itself.

Riva

I'd like to disagree about the ketogenic diet and hope that you don't get upset with me. :oops: It really isn't hard to do and the side effects are rare and easy to fix too. Also you didn't mention the Low Glycemic Index diet for epilespy (also called LGIT). It's for kids and adults too.
Plus the modified Atkins diet is being done with adults too and so far all the research is proving that it works as well as the ketogenic diet. I have several links about all 3 epilespy diets if you are interested.

Back
Top Bottom