Checking in

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Chris515

Veteran
Supporter
Reaction score
Hello again!

It's been a long time since I've dropped by. I think of CWE often.

I had some updates I wanted to share -

1. I finally got my drivers license - the first time I've been able to drive alone since 2001.
2. I'm free of TC seizures for 4.25 years now!
3. I'm currently President of our Provincial Epilepsy Association in Manitoba, we're doing our best to raise awareness and help people.
4. Our province has committed to invest $4 million toward expanding Winnipeg’s adult epilepsy monitoring unit, we're hopeful for the future.

Life has come a long way, and the years seem to fly by the older we get! When joined CWE things were very tough for me. My seizures were horrific and my life was turned upside down. 2008-2017 was a very dark and difficult time. So many of you here helped me get through that time, I don't think I could have otherwise. There are so many, and I don't know who is here anymore, but @Nakamova, @Bernard, @Meetz1064, @Cint, @RobinN, @CQ:) , and so so many others - thank you. I'll always remember what you did for me.

You were all the comfort when I needed a hug, a friendly ear when I needed to vent, and helped to motivate me when I needed a push in the right direction.

Thank you all :)

Awesome to hear the good news Chris. Cheers!

Hi Chris
Glad to hear things are going so well 👍🏻

Chris, oh my goodness! Great to see you and it sounds like you're kicking azz and taking names!!

Was it you who was a big Oasis fan?

Hi Chris,
That is wonderful news. I'm teaching college students about epilepsy twice a yr. I sure wish the world
knew more about epilepsy. We have to get out there and make people realize that it's nothing to be
afraid of. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

So great to get good news from you Chris. What a wonderful thing to hear. I’m so thrilled for you.
Keep up the good work! :)

Great to see you here Chris. 4.5 years free of seizures, oh my goodness, CONGRATULATIONS! As long as I can remember my best has been near 6 months, but that has been awhile. Thumbs up!

Hey! Long time no talk! Things got crazy, I tried texting you a couple times but didn't get a response. Just seeing this as I'm popping on for the first time in a while. Send me a PM :)

It is great that your seizures are & have been controlled for so long. I'd love to be seizure free just for 4 straight months! I had made the decision not to drive while I was still learning & before I actually had my license. I can still remember the day--I had a simple partial right before my driving practice session in school. I decided right then & there that I didn't want to risk anyone's life. When the complex partials began about 24 years ago, I was even happier that I didn't drive, since mine occur without any aura.

Back
Top Bottom