c'mon cwe, time to help fight

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

i wouldn't worry too much yet pita, as i was telling liam i wouldn't expect anything for a couple days. she'll be closely monitored by docs and have tons of family and friends around her, aside the fact that she'll be exhausted. not sure if you'd even be allowed on a computer that soon, i'd say a few days at least.
i'm sure she'll get on as soon as she can :) for now it's just happy thoughts and well wishes from all of us, with fingers crossed!!

i wouldn't worry too much yet pita, as i was telling liam i wouldn't expect anything for a couple days. she'll be closely monitored by docs and have tons of family and friends around her, aside the fact that she'll be exhausted. not sure if you'd even be allowed on a computer that soon, i'd say a few days at least.
i'm sure she'll get on as soon as she can :) for now it's just happy thoughts and well wishes from all of us, with fingers crossed!!

I'm not worried, either. When I had my brain surgery years ago, I didn't want any visitors or even phone calls for several days, plus my head felt like it was going to explode for a good 48 hours after surgery. And I was still sedated and felt exhausted until after I was home for a few days. Keeping my fingers crossed that this 2nd surgery works for Melanie.

i hope somone is feeding her right, that was always the hardest part for me in the hospistal.

heyyyyyyy gorgeous it's been 48 hours now and just want to let you know we're still sending hugs and crossing fingers. bet you're doing great ;)

Mel thinking of you and wishing you well. Hurry up and get better, thinking of you.

Last edited:
qtowngirl

Just wondering have you heard anything from Mel.

yeahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! she's okay!!!!
got home today and taking it easy with some percocet and maybe something to eat.
omggggggg so good to hear. surgeon said he's confident. hell yeah mel you're a trooper!!!! love you girl ;)

Qtown,
Thanks for the update on Mel. Is she really home already???
I was in hospital for 5 days when I had my surgery.

That is great to hear the surgeon is confident, only time will tell but fingers crossed it was a success :).

If you speak to Mel please letting her know I've sent her some hugs from Aussie.

Last edited:
yeahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! she's okay!!!!
got home today and taking it easy with some percocet and maybe something to eat.
omggggggg so good to hear. surgeon said he's confident. hell yeah mel you're a trooper!!!! love you girl ;)
Oh what great news!! Thanks qtown for the update!

Mel,

I'm still thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery!

qtowngirl

Thanks qtowngirl, you may be in Canada but your good, Come on Mel we are all waiting for you, hope everything goes your way.

Guess who is back, Just heard from Mel and praying everthing went good for her. Come on Mel.

the video she made is outstanding and overwhelming, and after watching it over and over i have found the strength to go ahead with my own surgery.

Awww, thank you! You'll :rock: it!!

Thanks qtowngirl for this post, I just stumbled across it now... you've all my day! :bigsmile:

I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have had so much support along this journey!

My surgery was scheduled for 5 hours and set to begin at 8. I gave my hubby a hug and kiss at 8:02a, and as I type, we're laughing at how we're both surprised that I held myself together at that moment and didn't bawl my eyes out! The surgeon came to talk to my family at 1:05pm and told them that I woke up 10 minutes ago. He seemed very confident, went deeper and bigger than the previous surgeon had, and felt good that I'd finally get my life back this time. Monday night was a rough one... but late Tuesday morning I was moved out of Critical Care into the Stepdown unit, and got up three times to walk to the bathroom! Tuesday evening the doctors had already talked to my family about the possibility of me going home on Wednesday, and at that moment I couldn't fathom it, but when they came to take off the bandage on Wednesday morning, and I got out of bed unassisted before my husband woke up it seemed a little more possible, and got home last night! 57 hours from the time I arrived for pre-op to the time of discharge! :woot: It felt so good to fall asleep and wake up in my own bed!

This morning I had a bath, and carefully washed the hair around the incision so as not to get it wet, and was able to do a bit of a comb over to hide the fresh incision to go out to my favorite Thai restaurant for dinner as my appetite is still slow to return! The pain, thankfully, has been tolerable :) I was told that the swelling would be the worst today, and sure enough, my right eye was almost swollen shut this morning, but I've had ice on my face for most of the day, and it's already much better!

I'm so glad that this is behind me, and am looking forward to updating the video with some newer, more positive updates! So once again, thank you all!
:hugs:

Last edited:
oh happy dance!!!!!!!! So excited for what your future hold in store for you :) Take it easy and let that wonderful man of yours spoil you rotten! If I ever need to go through what you have done, that I will have your strength. Big (((HUGS)))

Wow! You sound great and it sounds like the surgery went well. What a great way to start the spring, with a happy brain. :)

lol going out for dinner! one tough chicky.
and i'm with huskymom, let him cater to you for a week!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom