complex partial seizures??

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
something i just read in another post causght my eye its about complex partials
is being tired and falling asleep easily and alot a sign of complex prtial seizures??

Then you would have to put my husband in that catagory... :roflmao:
When he isn't going like the energizer bunny he is out like a light.

something i just read in another post causght my eye its about complex partials
is being tired and falling asleep easily and alot a sign of complex prtial seizures??

PS: I love Robin's reply better than
Bernard's!

:roflmao:

But Bernard's response is correct!

It CAN be a sign of sleep apnea

Do you get so wiped out in the afternoon it's hard to hold your eyes open?

Might want to consider a Sleep Study

sleep apnea (sp)

I just read in doihaveepilepsy thread about the sleep,
and birdbombs response about Sleep apnea,
I have questions about the sleep apnea, whoever may be able to answer them.
I've wondered for a good while if I may have it, but then again I always think it is just because of all the meds I have to take. I can be sitting up of an evening working on one of my crafts and the next thing I wake up like 2 hours later still sitting up with craft stuff on my lap. I have dropped food and drink by falling asleep that fast. I have had problems at times when I can't even stay awake of an evening to eat, will keep falling asleep and my husband sits beside me when I am eating and keep having to wake me up. there is more.
any suggestions or thougths on if this could be this sleep apnea or just from all the meds I take.
thanks Tammy

I don't think so either, I can have a really rough time staying awake at times and feeling really tired and I haven't had a seizure or after a seizure I get like that sometimes.

If this was me, I would look at the chemicals I am putting into my body as being a cause.
I know they are there to help with other issues, but when they cause a problem with the quality of life, I step back and re-assess.
Again, that is what I would do, not saying what you should do.

I don't think so either, I can have a really rough time staying awake at times and feeling really tired and I haven't had a seizure or after a seizure I get like that sometimes.

Let me ask you one question?

Do you take a lot of cat naps or sleep
during the day because you couldn't
sleep at nights?

I don't think so, awhile back before my pysch put me on a second anti-depressent that I take with my night meds and it wipes me out, before that I would be awake every hour on the hour. for a while I couldn't stay awake in the afternoon without wiping out, now I am doing pretty good at skipping that nap. However, wow I can hardly stay away past 7 in the evening and somedays still will fall asleep like I pass out during the daytime. I sleep anywhere from 10 to 12 hours a day most of the time, not matter how hard I try to stay awake and other days can stay awake til midnight but still up by 5am. I get up before the chickens not with them Ha!
Also, I can go from one sleep pattern to another from one week to another. I have been told by my neuro that the carbamazpine(SP) can cause that.

Last edited:
Tammy,

I've wondered for a good while if I may have it, but then again I always think it is just because of all the meds I have to take. I can be sitting up of an evening working on one of my crafts and the next thing I wake up like 2 hours later still sitting up with craft stuff on my lap. I have dropped food and drink by falling asleep that fast. I have had problems at times when I can't even stay awake of an evening to eat, will keep falling asleep and my husband sits beside me when I am eating and keep having to wake me up.

That exactly what sleep apnea does! My husband has fallen asleep sitting at a traffic light (we both have it but his is mild) Sudden dropping off to sleep happens no matter HOW much sleep you get. The problem is the QUALITY of sleep not quantity.

May I join in here?
I take Topamax and Trileptal ........ and I SLEEP. I love sleep. Frequently I go to bed at 6 or 7 PM and sleep until 7 AM. I seriously want back in bed by 9 for an hour or so. At noon I HAVE to have a two or three hour nap.
I want sleep - I need sleep and I love sleep.

Back
Top Bottom