confusion and keppra

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Crazy chick, that is strange...i just went to mine last week and they confirmed that it was the side effects!? Am sorry..... You must be confused as hell. I guess they don't know or don't want to deal with it. Does your dr specialize in epilepsy?

Hes a proper neuroligist well supposed to be lol. Hes took me off the keppra so hes basically made me go cold turkey. Will tbis not make my seizures worse?.

Well, that is my point...perhaps, if possible, try to find a neurologist that specializes in epilepsy. Good luck!!!

I've been on Keppra since September 2010 after some type of brain infection brought on two seizures. I was 25 and never had any type of seizure before and epilepsy doesn't run in the family.

I was initially on 500mg twice a day then upped to 750mg twice a day after a tonic clonic seizure 6 months later. I had another tonic clonic in late September and another two weeks ago so was upped to 1000mg twice a day.

I suffer with a lot of side effects thats mentioned here like not thinking clearly, slight confusion and sometimes getting words mixed up within sentences. It's not a good feeling it's pretty hard to get used to

I totally understand all ya sode affects n feel 4 u. Does your doctor believe you? my beuroligist donthe thinks im making it up is the way its coming acros to me. Feel free to talk to me and ask any questions u may have.

:e:Yeah Ive been Spacey ever since I started on Keppra. The only way around it is eat health, exercise and take vitamins. I still haven't got the sleep part down yet

Aw i had a right time yestetday with my neuro yesterday hes took me off keppra totally to see if the side affects are actually happening. He said i had diabetes nw hes sayin am not. Hes made me go cold turkey witb meds but im on pill as doctor suggested it as i am sure my seizures are catamenial.

Back
Top Bottom