Connection with seizures on eyes dilating?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

It has been awhile since she had an MRI; they have all been clear so the neurologist hasn't felt the need to order a new one. I feel like the stress of such a busy semester caused this last breakthrough seizure. She has promised to cut way back this fall and to take it a bit easier.

4 hours? Wow! And I thought we had it bad.

Hang in there. I cannot imagine having a small child with this. It is hard enough with a grown daughter. If this had happened when she was younger I am not sure I could handle it as well. But then again, I guess you can deal with just about anything when it comes to your babies :)

That is so true!!! We try and make the best of the long drive. But, it can be hard at times for sure! We are still in the beginning stages with my son. It's been challenging to be sure!

This seizure was very different; she never lost consciousness and watched as her body shook uncontrollably. Her eyes stayed dilated for 4 days.
Did she go to the ER? If so, did they administer any meds? Were there any other post-seizure side effects? Any head trauma? Did she miss or double up on a dose of her anti-seizure meds? It's a reach, but was she been on any other medications (like antihistamines or decongestants)? Those can also cause longer-term pupil dilation.

Back
Top Bottom