CT Scan results - Lamictal

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

KellyD

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I had a CT scan done the other day to investigate some pains I have been having around my left hip. Got the results today and while they found nothing to explain the pain they did find that I have a slightly enlarged liver and spleen and some lymph nodes in my groin. The lymph nodes and liver may be from the lamictal but dr was unsure about the spleen. Has anyone had any of these things from the lamictal and what did your dr do about them and what does it mean? Dr sent me for some blood tests and depending on the results will call my neurologist to see what he wants to do in regards to my medication. I also have to have an u/s for a cyst they think I might have on my right ovary, so the opposite side to my pain, of course!

Lamictal has been associated with joint pain, so that could be the cause of your hip issues.

Both ovarian cysts and seizures can be cause by high estrogen levels, so that might be a connection.

And an enlarged spleen and lymph nodes usually indicate an infection -- have you been feeling under the weather?

Oops, the pain I have is near my hip in my abdomen not actually my hip. I had an u/s yesterday which appeared to show no cysts but still have to see the dr. The day after my scan I came down with gastro which the dr said could have caused everything too. Nothing was massive just slightly larger. Will know more after blood test results come back, see dr again on friday. The lady that did the u/s yesterday had trouble seeing my left ovary because it was hidden in my bowel so I'm wondering if scar tissue from my c/s is causing trouble with my bowels and ovary and that's causing the pain. When Blake was delivered by c/s the dr said there was a lot more scarring from the 1st one than he had expected and everything was stuck together and that would probably happen again and may be worse this time. Something to ask the dr about anyway.

Back
Top Bottom