Curious about Myclonic Jerks

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

skyfire322

Stalwart
Reaction score
While laying in bed having a Myclonic spell last night, I had noticed it was only in my left side, which is my dominant side. Has anyone noticed this?

Also, Does anyone experience heightened sensation or tingling (like your leg is falling is asleep) after a spell?

Hi Skyfire--I have myoclonics that are either one sided--ALWAYS on my right side only, never my left--or both sides at the same time, symmetrically. It's like a question of severity--if they aren't that bad it's one-sided, but if they build to a more severe seizure, I have more of a full bodied seizure, from abdominals downward on both sides. My dominant side is left though and my one-sided seizures are always on the right, so for me it has nothing to do with dominance. I have tingling too sometimes but mine precede the seizure, and once the seizure is done, it's done. No tingling, headache, confusion or anything. I get nausea, headaches and confusion after partial seizures though. That's how my myoclonics are anyway!

Back
Top Bottom