Danger(VENTING INSIDE)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

angel

New
Reaction score
I just hate when people treat me like Im an invalid my mother( god bless her) has told everyone on the plaint about my having epilepsy.... a few treat me the same but some of my so called friends are treating me like im contagious or something ..... they are acting like they are afraid of me.. at first the keppra i have to admit made me a bit off...I stayed home most of the time tho in bed lol ... im getting used to it now and am starting to notice everyones reactions...its like some think epilepsy is a mental illness... its just weird is all i guess... they will get over it....so will I ...

on a lighter side...:)

Im starting to feel normal again "kidney infection is gone" wooo wooo!!!! the keppra isnt bothering me as much not as moody and my naps are getting shorter "still have to take a little nap" to feel awake but im thinking thats from the Clonazepam.. ...

hehe anyways im done bitching and feel way better !!!

awwwww

love angel

Last edited:
have any of you noticed the reactions people have when they find out you have Epilepsy?
you can vent in here if you want because ive found it to help me to let it out online:)

lol I have an "ornery streak " since im feeling better .... its like youve been sick with the flu for months then all the sudden you start to feel better energy comes back... thats how ive felt today(OMG) i actually felt good today.. hopefully i dont have to feel sick anymore and im just getting used to the meds:)

hehe ill shut up:)

love angel

Yes, Angel, many of Rebecca's so called "friends" have stopped including her in activities. I think they are afraid of "It" happening when out socially.

Yes, Angel, many of Rebecca's so called "friends" have stopped including her in activities. I think they are afraid of "It" happening when out socially.

they are afraid, at least thats what I'm seeing in people the few who i thought were my friends... I feel sorry for Rebecca and the other teens children have to go through this...

" they're a lot stronger than the other kids:tup: "

my son who is 22 was driving a friends car the day before Halloween to pick up my 17 year old .... well, it was dark when they came to the end of the driveway... my oldest son walked up the drive his friend who i havent met stayed in the car.... SOO me being a mom walked down the driveway opend the gate and looked in the car so i could meet my sons friend.... poor guy he was half dead, so sleepy and couldnt hardly talk and was cold i thought omg hes on drugs ...

so i asked him what are you taking he handed me two bottles he was embarrassed about it i could tell ... it was Carbamazepine and something that started with a G both e meds.... I felt so bad for him.... anyways, to make a long story shorter I told him its ok i have e too and I kinda know what your going through He had a big smile after that... nice kid... he was really having bad side effects from the meds...

he told me that they gave him the meds for migraines he was hit in the head with a baseball bat or something like that a while ago.... I find it strange they would put someone so young on such strong meds for a migraines? I could tell though that he didn't want anyone treating him differently..... as sick as he was he was still wanting to go out... he had bottled water a big box under his feet .... lol i asked him if hes drinking enough water he pointed down yup...

love angel

Im starting to feel normal again "kidney infection is gone" wooo wooo!!!! the keppra isnt bothering me as much not as moody ...

:woot: :mrt:

Hi Can i just ask, Talking about Keppra, has anyone on it's hair gone really curley? Mine did like tight ringlets, all over. Although i am not on Keppra anymore, and my hair is not as curley but it is still very wavey, and my partner says that it may never go straight again. Its been a year since i have been off the drug. So i was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this also.

And talking about the venting, My partner and i are going to my sisters wedding, and my entire family will be there. I hate being around them because they treat me like a baby, always trying to rush around after me, incase i have a funny, as they call it. And when i do have one, they treat me like its a disease, like its going to go away. They tell all their friends that i am not well. But i am well, i just have the same thing as you guys but im still normal, My nan in particular, is so annoying, she tries to push my partner away when she is seeing to me. I mean we know how to deal with it, and my nan tries to hold me like a small child really tight. When anyone tries to smother me i usually come out of a seizure fighting. And i am so afraid that i will hurt her one day. Not meaning to. Because when someone tries to hold me i get more bruises, if they try to hold me still, like so tight around the back and arms so tight they think its going to stop or something. But my partner and her parents just joke around with me and it is good, because it feels like i am just normal, they dont make me feel smothered, we just call it a brain fart (laughing) or a computer reboot. And because my partners family are ex military and ex psychiatric workers, they have dealt with it all before. I mean yeah i am really venting here, my parents and my family were so stupid and ignorant towards epilepsy that they dont even acnowledge what epilepsy is, and when i was a child and i would tell them that i felt funny, (my way of telling them that i didnt know what was happening), they ignored it, they didnt want to hear about what i was saying, they were to wrapped up in their own lives, even though i would go stiff and make noises at 3 months old then go limp and sleep, my mum said i was a good sleeper and thats how i always went to sleep. then when i was close to 2 i would go stiff in my pram and nod my head and make weird noises to the side. they told every one that i was attention seeking. and i would always fall forward for no reason then get up. they say that i stopped doing these things when i was 5. and started again later like laughing uncontrolably for 15minutes then stop. i didnt even know what i was getting told off for. and all this while we had a friend who had LGS epilepsy. And they didnt want to acgnowledge me. pretty ignorant i think, and then when i was 21 i had a massive rolling grand mal which made my dr investigate. there done my venting. i better go to sleep now. night everyone.
samixx

my hair hasnt gone curley from the keppra, my brain did for a while:) my mom says I have epilepsy because of anxiety.... until she went to the neuro with me a few times.... my dad has seizures he's are actually kinda like mine but he just ignores them...
Ive had to take him to the ER once this year because he was repeating himself over and over cant remember anything he just was blank and on auto drive it lasted about 45 min.... then he was really sleepy.. I love my mom but she talks behind my back about my epilepsy to others ........ its there way of coping with things to ignore it OR to over react...

angel

Hi Can i just ask, Talking about Keppra, has anyone on it's hair gone really curley? Mine did like tight ringlets, all over. Although i am not on Keppra anymore, and my hair is not as curley but it is still very wavey, and my partner says that it may never go straight again. Its been a year since i have been off the drug. So i was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this also.

And talking about the venting, My partner and i are going to my sisters wedding, and my entire family will be there. I hate being around them because they treat me like a baby, always trying to rush around after me, incase i have a funny, as they call it. And when i do have one, they treat me like its a disease, like its going to go away. They tell all their friends that i am not well. But i am well, i just have the same thing as you guys but im still normal, My nan in particular, is so annoying, she tries to push my partner away when she is seeing to me. I mean we know how to deal with it, and my nan tries to hold me like a small child really tight. When anyone tries to smother me i usually come out of a seizure fighting. And i am so afraid that i will hurt her one day. Not meaning to. Because when someone tries to hold me i get more bruises, if they try to hold me still, like so tight around the back and arms so tight they think its going to stop or something. But my partner and her parents just joke around with me and it is good, because it feels like i am just normal, they dont make me feel smothered, we just call it a brain fart (laughing) or a computer reboot. And because my partners family are ex military and ex psychiatric workers, they have dealt with it all before. I mean yeah i am really venting here, my parents and my family were so stupid and ignorant towards epilepsy that they dont even acnowledge what epilepsy is, and when i was a child and i would tell them that i felt funny, (my way of telling them that i didnt know what was happening), they ignored it, they didnt want to hear about what i was saying, they were to wrapped up in their own lives, even though i would go stiff and make noises at 3 months old then go limp and sleep, my mum said i was a good sleeper and thats how i always went to sleep. then when i was close to 2 i would go stiff in my pram and nod my head and make weird noises to the side. they told every one that i was attention seeking. and i would always fall forward for no reason then get up. they say that i stopped doing these things when i was 5. and started again later like laughing uncontrolably for 15minutes then stop. i didnt even know what i was getting told off for. and all this while we had a friend who had LGS epilepsy. And they didnt want to acgnowledge me. pretty ignorant i think, and then when i was 21 i had a massive rolling grand mal which made my dr investigate. there done my venting. i better go to sleep now. night everyone.
samixx

sami,

If you can tell your sister or another family member that when they grab onto you it causes more problems than if they just leave you alone... you should tell someone in your family... that it bugs you when your nan does that..... and that you just want your girlfriend wife to help you.... take your nan to your neuro a few times the doctors are pretty good at letting people know about how they are acting thats what i do when im having problems with a family member i take them to my neuro's appointment have them go into listen to my doctor they ask questions or make funny face and hes all over it:) my doctor picks up on things pretty fast.....

love angel

Angel,
your posting does not indicate a geographic place! I left Missouri because, as a male to female transsexual, I knew it would be one of the worst states to live. No one on this "board" is paying attention, I am certain, but there is a big fight in Wash D C about a bill in Congress preventing job discrimination against gays, lesbiansm and transsexuals. Most of the "people" in congress are dead set against including trranssexuals. We are like a "Plague" when it comes to sexuality / gender issues.
So I move to Minnesota where at least that is not as big an issue, "acquire" epilepsy, and now I have (pardon my humor) multiple identities!
Do you want to see me as a transsexual? As a composer / musician? As having epilepsy? Take your pick! How about a homeless transsexual composer with epilepsy?

Yea, that WAS funny, but now I am too close to that happening. I'm not laughing any more.

LR

Angel,
your posting does not indicate a geographic place! I left Missouri because, as a male to female transsexual, I knew it would be one of the worst states to live. No one on this "board" is paying attention, I am certain, but there is a big fight in Wash D C about a bill in Congress preventing job discrimination against gays, lesbiansm and transsexuals. Most of the "people" in congress are dead set against including trranssexuals. We are like a "Plague" when it comes to sexuality / gender issues.
So I move to Minnesota where at least that is not as big an issue, "acquire" epilepsy, and now I have (pardon my humor) multiple identities!
Do you want to see me as a transsexual? As a composer / musician? As having epilepsy? Take your pick! How about a homeless transsexual composer with epilepsy?

Yea, that WAS funny, but now I am too close to that happening. I'm not laughing any more.

LR
"your posting does not indicate a geographic place!" I try not to give out my location online better safe then sorry:)

I'm sorry your going through so much.... Im not gay so its hard for me to understand what your going through... I have acquaintances here who are male & female who are gay it doesn't bother me.... I think you just need to be who you are and try not to dwell on what others think of you:) you only live life once you know? its what we make it out to be our lives other people say things oh well, you are different in your own way as we all are... try to keep your chin up and think of the positive thing's... a lot of people out there are Homophobic its just something your going to have to learn to deal with..:tup:.

love angel

haha

"Do you want to see me as a transsexual? As a composer / musician? As having epilepsy? Take your pick! How about a homeless transsexual composer with epilepsy?"

just be yourself:) you are putting to many labels on yourself... you are who you are inside is what counts be true to yourself..

love angel

And that's why I don't tell anybody, to be honest. I hate being treated any different to anybody else....with Kid Gloves.

I completely understand where you're coming from on this vent. I know they just mean the best, but like you say "I ain't no invalid !".

PS. Glad to hear the kidney infection has gone :tup:

And that's why I don't tell anybody, to be honest. I hate being treated any different to anybody else....with Kid Gloves.

I completely understand where you're coming from on this vent. I know they just mean the best, but like you say "I ain't no invalid !".

PS. Glad to hear the kidney infection has gone :tup:

thats right "we are the strongest people" so the meds make us a little dingy at times ... we are smart gifted people just like most everyone else... we can do just about anything we set our minds too!

love angel

thats right "we are the strongest people" so the meds make us a little dingy at times ... we are smart gifted people just like most everyone else... we can do just about anything we set our minds too!

love angel

Completely right again angel : what one man can do, so can another. That's my life saying - I quite like it, and it just makes me stronger every time I get hit down. :tup:

Lisa Renee....

LR

For me, I'd have to say I want to see you happy. I hope something works out so you can catch a break in the turmoil....I really do.
:rock:

I agree with speber...:)

"homeless"

actually It wasnt funny, I know what its like to have no money.... try that with kids..
work your butt off while your other half who is healthy sits on his bum... or spends all the money on things we dont need until we end up again with nothing... trust me I realise how scary everything can be... you will make it though:) I live in Oregon btw

love angel

sorry,

i woke up at 4am stress having trouble sleeping..

love angel

Angel,

I totally know where you're coming from on people treating you differently. My friends have directly told me that they're scared and it kina makes me feel bad. They're not scared directly of me but because seeing it is scary and not knowing what to do. I think it'll just take time.

For me, I'd have to say I want to see you happy. I hope something works out so you can catch a break in the turmoil....I really do.
:rock:

Happy? Well, let me think. What would make me happy is to have a minimum of 6 to 7 hours of sleep every night (instead of a few days a week), to wake up not in fear of anything, to be able to at least look for part-time employment knowing that I could work those hours. That's the "regular" me.
The creative me wants to spend at least two to three hours per day (right now I am lucky to have two hours per week) composing music and / or writing fiction. Reminds me. Our local Epilepsy Foundation had a writing contest. I submitted two entries. One was titled "The Errant elliptical Epileptologist." Go figure.

As the song goes ...

Don't worry ... Be Happy!
Bobby McFerrin

Back
Top Bottom