Danger(VENTING INSIDE)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

angel,
The last job I had (ended in 11/2005) was in Mortgage collections. To say i did not like it would be an understatement. But I only did incoming calls, I did not call out to people. One night I received a call I will never forget. It was from a woman in the southern US. She was no longer living in the home that was mortgaged. Her husband was in prison. There was no money from any source to pay mortage or anything else. She and her children were in the process of trying to find a shelter, any shelter, homeless shelter. I just sat there listening to this. I can still hear this woman's tears through her words. No place to go, no family, just her and her children.

Hunter and Buddy!

I'm about to let my rottie mastiff out because the weirdo next door is keeping me awake hes banging on something started around 3:45am its 5:30am now..... it almost sounds like hes in our yard.... hitting the side of our shed with something ..... If i don't get enough sleep on keppra i get really moody:(yes, I'm venting) I have a fenced yard so my dog cant get to him unless he is in our yard..... thinking about just letting the dogs out they bark REALLY LOUd..... maybe then this silly guy next door will go back to bed :ponder: Hunter says he's ready let me out hehe....

233420970O187573680.jpg

Last edited:
well, its 6am now and the guy next door is still at it..... no sleep for me today i guess.... no i did not let the dogs out yet! didn't want to wake everyone up im gooing to get dressed and take them outside..... ..... ............ ..... ....... ......... I'm very tired..... ......

the guy must be on drugs or something.....

I would have let them out Angel. Would say later that I heard a noise and was scared. Sent the dogs out to investigate. That is simply rude.
Perhaps you can ask him today what all the noise was. Maybe his heater went during the night and he was just trying to fix something. That type of answer I could live with.
I hate inconsiderate people.
Send the dogs out the next time.

Your Rottie is cute in that picture, but I am sure he can look mean if you sent him on a mission to see what the neighbor was up to!

I am a dog lover!

Robin,
II did let them out I went with them though ... my rottie went right to the fence by our neighbors shop... he didn't bark at anything the guy next door I'm sure could see me with the dogs because the noise stopped for about an hour... i ended up falling asleep and not waking until 2pm.... at least my husband let me sleep....

Thanks wonderdogs! My rottie looks kinda mean in most pictures ... he's not though...
I love dogs & cat's too! actually, I want a serval... Im waiting on that though until kids are older and Ill have no other pets as they can be a handful from what ive read..... they are very pretty...

I have a border collie who has a mean streak when competition happens for food. Otherwise, she's extremely sweet and friendly. I also grew up with a dog who was really good natured, but he bit one person because that person touched his ears (he had ear canker). We warned that person, they did not listen and the dog let him have it.

Dogs do have a mean streak. It just takes the right condition, the right circumstance and the right irritation to set them off.

On the other hand, there's revenge. Since your dogs are kind of LOUD, can you get them to bark a lot while this guy sleeps during the day (He's obviously not sleeping at night!). One good day of loud obnoxious noise could do it. But then, this guy may repeat his pattern with something worse. He doesn't sound like he's wrapped tight!

If your neighbor ever hits or irritates your dog(s), then he might be in for a really rude awakening (he gave you one!). I'd be concerned if he hit something other than that shed. It doesn't sound right.

I do have one story/warning that you probably want to read. I have a good friend who has a really good natured dog. His dog ate something 'placed' in the yard that made his dog sick. The friend was never sure who planted the bad food, but it's worth watching just in case this guy has a mean streak.

Have you tried calling the police 'cause he's disturbing the peace? The only bad thing about that is he (your neighbor) will potentially do the same thing back about your dog's loud barking. It's possible this dude's on the nightshift and sleeps during the day.

Last edited:
Luckily, my family and friends are very supportive and caring, they have wanted to learn all they can about E and what to do when I am having seizures, They understand, my mood swings, my sleep all day modes, the change in my personilty (because of my surgery), they know when to leave me alone and when I need help or just someone with me for company and/or comfort. Now if my E had started when I was younger, things may be different.
Now as far as being an invalid because of E, BullCrap,
Here is a list of very famous and productive people who had or have E

Historic Figures with Epilepsy
ST Paul, Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, Joan of ARc, Napoleo Dante, Flaubert, Paganini, Tennyson, Byron, Charles Dickens, Fyd Moliere, Lewis Carroll, Agatha Christie, Handel, Beethoven, Vincent Issac Newton, Alfred Nobel and Richard Burton.

Individuals Who Have Disclosed Their Epilepsy in own writing or in press interviews,
Danny Glover, Tony Coelho, Neil Abercrombie, Neil Young, Martha Curtis

Sports Figures with Epilepsy
Marion Clignet, Buddy Bell, and Bobby Jones

And I am sure there are so many more, so E does not cripple your mind or body unless you let it, or if I Pray for it not to cause from any surgery, accident or such to do so, and there are many plus many more people in this world that need to know and understand this.
Tammy

Just a thought...

You're family may ignore it out of a sense of guilt. Maybe they feel that they did something wrong while you were in the womb, and that is why you have E. That might explain why they hover too...my mom has tendency to do that. And me, well I tell everyone I hang out with or work with that I have E. I REALLY don't need them to call an ambulance every time I have a seizure. That and, if your friends know what to expect, it tends not to freak them out as much. :)

Angel, your rottie looks like our dog, Slayer.

I showed my 19 yr old son the pic you posted and he said he didn't remember that picture being taken.

We got her from the pound and the owner said mom was a beagle but didn't have any idea who daddy was.
Maybe she is half rottie.

Angel, your rottie looks like our dog, Slayer.

I showed my 19 yr old son the pic you posted and he said he didn't remember that picture being taken.

We got her from the pound and the owner said mom was a beagle but didn't have any idea who daddy was.
Maybe she is half rottie.

maybe, :) Hunters mom was a small rottie and his dad was around 150 Or 160 "BIG mastiff " Im not sure how much his dad weighed he was pretty big..... :) here is another picture of hunter my husband sleeping next to him hubby is 6 '1 250 pounds
235370464O637300070.jpg

spinnymommy, lets see a picture of your Slayer:) cool name btw!

Last edited:
Slayer is smaller than Hunter. But she looks very similar.

I can't figure out how to post a picture. I got one to load, but it was too large. It is a jpg file and had too many pix or whatever.

I get confused so easily and it is often hard to figure things out. I'll try again another day when my brain might be working better.

I have always been a cat person rather than a dog person, but Slayer is winning me over.

By the way, I came up with "spinnymommy" when I was having simple complex seizures and didn't realize it. My auras often include a spinning sensation.

Kerin

I love cats! My son found a stray kitty she was white long hair with blue eyes very sweet kitty....i callled her princess ..... anyways, a year later someone ran her over in our drive way... :( the people across the street were having a yard sale everyone was using our drive as a turn around I guess thats what my husband told me... he called 911 after the person hit my cat... ( I wasnt home at the time) to make a long story short..... I was depressed... So my son and husband bought me hunter... he was so cute just a little tiny thing ;) I remember he was so little i could give him a bath in the sink haha after princess died I didnt want another cat....... now even if i wanted one I couldnt buy one as hunter doesnt like cats.... my husky buddy Loves cats lol he cuddles with them...

You'd be surprised how well pets get along. I know somebody who owns a really large dog like Hunter and several cats. The cats rule! They're agile, too. But, my border collie mix sits on the window sill, loves to eat fish, drink milk and race around the house like crazy. She just needs that leash for a walk!
I do know of one personal story from somebody who had both large dogs and several cats. One day, they briefly set prepared chicken on their dining room table. When nobody was looking, the chicken disappeared. All that was left were little droplets of chicken juice and several 'innocent' looking pets. They were never sure who was guity!

My in-laws used to have 2 Siamese cats. They also had a small poodle. The cats would get into stuff, and when their mischief was discovered, they would disappear and poor Ralph (the dog), who was just watching, would get all the blame.

They reminded me of those cats on Lady and the Tramp.

It took a long time before the family caught on to them. They were very sneaky and good at looking innocent. (and my husband's mom thought they could not possible do anything wrong)

Back
Top Bottom