Dangerously high blood pressure during seizure

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I have had 2 seizures and during my 2nd seizure my bp was 225/110 and that is stroke inducing dangerously high. I wonder how I can survive multiple seizures if thats the result? Is this rare? Do other have this? Is there a fix? Blood pressure ok to moderate normally.

i like to think it is blood thinners that drive my pressure up. but several times they made me stay till it was low, so i had to wait till a nurse that actually followed uniform standards showed up

The neurologist told me the blood thinner I'm on actually saved me from a stroke which I didn't quite understand. I dont know exactly what they did for mine but I was in the hospital for 2 days again. Seems to me some people have their seizures, wake up, and go on about their day groggy but mine almost kill me due to blood pressure and I'm hospitalized for days. Not sure why. Have an appt in 4 days and will have to ask that question.

Hi Mtilton472,
Welcome to the Forum! I've had epilepsy for 48 yrs. and take my word a persons blood pressure can increase especially if the seizures are coming from the temporal or frontal lobe or it can be the seizure med the person takes. I've been on over 13 different seizure meds and
nothing stopped my seizures it wasn't until my Dr. did a DNA test on me and he found out I was drug resistant. My advice to you is when you
see your Dr. ask to have a DNA test done all they do is take some blood and some salvia from you and it goes to the lab the lab will see how
many enzymes you have in your liver along with your body chemistry and they can match that up to the best seizure med for you with the least side effect. I will tell you some Drs. will say "We don't do this" but that's nonsense because the Drs. are making money pushing the meds.
I found the best thing that has ever helped me was the medical marijuana (CBD oil) since I started using that my seizures have decreased
to the lowest in my life. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!
Sue

Hi Mtilton472,
Welcome to the Forum! I've had epilepsy for 48 yrs. and take my word a persons blood pressure can increase especially if the seizures are coming from the temporal or frontal lobe or it can be the seizure med the person takes. I've been on over 13 different seizure meds and
nothing stopped my seizures it wasn't until my Dr. did a DNA test on me and he found out I was drug resistant. My advice to you is when you
see your Dr. ask to have a DNA test done all they do is take some blood and some salvia from you and it goes to the lab the lab will see how
many enzymes you have in your liver along with your body chemistry and they can match that up to the best seizure med for you with the least side effect. I will tell you some Drs. will say "We don't do this" but that's nonsense because the Drs. are making money pushing the meds.
I found the best thing that has ever helped me was the medical marijuana (CBD oil) since I started using that my seizures have decreased
to the lowest in my life. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!
Sue
Ok I will absolutely follow your advice here and cannot thank you enough for the information. I truly do appreciate it.

yeah i have had a heart doc for the last 6 months, and scanned everything showed me the damage my heart has taken and stuff, actually just kicking back and relaxing for the last year was healthier than anything

yeah i have had a heart doc for the last 6 months, and scanned everything showed me the damage my heart has taken and stuff, actually just kicking back and relaxing for the last year was healthier than anything
I'm making my appt with heart doctor tomorrow. need to know if its done any damage. Thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom