[MAD] Denied for life insurance!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

resaebiunne

Stalwart
Reaction score
So I applied for life insurance (on a bit of a whim, but also because as a contractor I have no life insurance through my job). Now, I am a smoker (I vape), so I was prepared for a bumpy road. However, according to my rejection letter I was denied because of my seizures and my schizoaffective disorder bipolar type!

I guess I'll have to keep looking. I always though USAA was great with insurance, but a quick Google search shows otherwise. At least I got a good deal with my car insurance and auto loan.

Similar thing happened to me when I asked my work's insurance agent last year and I was told that a life insurance policy most likely wouldn't be accepted due to the fact that it's a pre-existing condition according to them.

Interestingly, I would be accepted for health insurance provided no claims for anything seizure or my shoulder related were made

Hi Res,

The same thing happened to me ins. co. would reject me or increase the rates way to high then I called the state ins. co. and reported this matter and I was able to get ins. with no problem so you may want to do the same thing. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Back
Top Bottom