Depakote?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Maybe he meant that as one is slowly leaving my system the other is slowly building up in my system, essentially levelling things out. :ponder:

Maybe, when you had 3 seizures, should I assume that was an unusual increase in how many you have? If so that would definitely imply not enough of one or the other in your system.

I usually only have a "cluster" of seizures during menstration. Other than that it is rare. From the link that you posted, apparently "carbamazepine (Tegretol), and phenytoin (Dilantin) can increase the elimination of valproic acid, thereby reducing blood concentrations."

I know. Some turkey of a neurologist put me on tegretol with the valproic acid. I was on that combo for years & no neurologist changed it.

Anxiety Naa they couldn't pin it on that!
just like any other med Depakote works for some , but I've learned if it says it's going to make you gain weight or go crazy ...In me it will.

Think someone already confirmed it, but just in case: You are right, 'titrate' means he is going to reduce/increase the medication in a planned, incremental way so as to control/reduce the possibility of any negative reactions...they either titrate up or down, so in your case you are going to have the fun of both....hope all goes well for you!

Back
Top Bottom