Disability?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

*How long do you "stay out" after a tonic clonic seizure? I was out for a few hours. Normal? I dont know why it is bothering me about that. lol:ponder:
Thank you all and I appreciate your time and SO much help already!

Hi Kristina,
Being from Canada I can't help much with the disability questions but when it comes to T/C's I've been there done that! My neuro gave me a note stating that I may need up to 2 days of recovery time. I usually only take the day of the seizure off. However, there have been a few that beat me up pretty good and I've taken the extra time gladly. Hope this helps!

Cat

It takes years to get disability payments? What if you're desperate for it, and you have to wait all that time for some money?

Took me about 15 weeks (they normally say 11 weeks) to get it here, and that felt like forever.

I don't have enough work credits to get SSD, because I have not been able to work for the last year. Plus, I mostly stayed home and worked pt to raise our kids and home-school them. Went to substitute in the schools to get my foot back in the door. This is the year i was going full time and get back into my career. (Kids are now grown) Not enough credits.
I can't get SSI because my husband makes "too much money". This was after he was laid- off for 3 months, no paycheck, but had been hired at a new company the week before I applied for SSI. Unless I divorce him, have no money, or go back to work to get enough credits, there is nothing. We've almost always lived on one income, so I know we'll be O.K. for now. Thankfully, we've never been deep in debt or had a high standard of living. Else, we'd be screwed. We're more blessed than a lot of others in the same boat. I wish you luck and speed with your application.

Yeah everything I heard. including the fact i think it says somewhere you need to have had the condition for more than a year.

I don't have enough work credits to get SSD, because I have not been able to work for the last year. Plus, I mostly stayed home and worked pt to raise our kids and home-school them. Went to substitute in the schools to get my foot back in the door. This is the year i was going full time and get back into my career. (Kids are now grown) Not enough credits.
I can't get SSI because my husband makes "too much money". This was after he was laid- off for 3 months, no paycheck, but had been hired at a new company the week before I applied for SSI. Unless I divorce him, have no money, or go back to work to get enough credits, there is nothing. We've almost always lived on one income, so I know we'll be O.K. for now. Thankfully, we've never been deep in debt or had a high standard of living. Else, we'd be screwed. We're more blessed than a lot of others in the same boat. I wish you luck and speed with your application.

My wife had it from after her dad passed away until we got married. I don't know if it's even worth for her to apply for it still. My big concern is if I ever would get medically retired from the military or have a large disability rating.

Kimmy Sue

Kimmy Sue did recover and is doing ok considering all her medicals problems at this time. Thank you everyone for the thoughts and prayers.! :clap:

Back
Top Bottom